Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Top Up

keelbreeze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought 2 mobile phones this week on Pay & Go as I wanted to move to O2. I activated my wife's no problem & put £10 on her account by means of my credit card. When I tried to activate my own the system won't accept my card. I have been on to the card company who say no demand was made by O2. My question is do I have to wait a few days between topping up?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You are normally allowed to use one card to top up 2 mobile numbers. If you have ever topped up another O2 phone via your card then you would have to derigister that with customer service. Most banks now allow you to top up mobiles within their own banking apps or their online banking website.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you don't have to wait. Maybe it thinks the card is linked to your wife's phone so won't allow it?? You can use a cashpoint or top up voucher though in the meantime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some banks allow topping via Internet banking or also via an app.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You are normally allowed to use one card to top up 2 mobile numbers. If you have ever topped up another O2 phone via your card then you would have to derigister that with customer service. Most banks now allow you to top up mobiles within their own banking apps or their online banking website.

Message 4 of 4