cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my contract because I don't get any signal where I work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have taken out a 24 month contract and it's due to end in May this year. For 18 months now I have not received phone signal where I work. I need my phone for work and it has caused me alot of trouble. Am I able to cancel my contract (without paying a fee) due to O2 not being able proivde the correct service? There is no signal at all in the town where I work.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is unlikely o2 will agree to your request unless there was signal before and now there isn't.

O2 t&c's state that they don't guarantee coverage everywhere and where signal is provided it may be 2g or 3g or 4g out a combination.

So unless for example a mast has been decommissioned near your work or the mast has been faulty for months then I don't rate your chances sadly.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can ask them by calling o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

we have seen where it's happened but the phone has to be given back too. Rare instances.

Or if on Refresh Tariff you can pay off the Handset Plan and then cancel the airtime part and or pac code to another network which takes your mobile number with you.

Please check out other networks via their own payg SIM cards to ensure good coverage.

If you check in the T&C they do cover themselves for loss of service ,and that the service is not available everywhere.

What does your http://status.o2.co.uk say for your masts.

And if on contract you can download tugo to use off wifi
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is unlikely o2 will agree to your request unless there was signal before and now there isn't.

O2 t&c's state that they don't guarantee coverage everywhere and where signal is provided it may be 2g or 3g or 4g out a combination.

So unless for example a mast has been decommissioned near your work or the mast has been faulty for months then I don't rate your chances sadly.
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have taken out a 24 month contract and it's due to end in May this year. For 18 months now I have not received phone signal where I work. I need my phone for work and it has caused me alot of trouble. Am I able to cancel my contract (without paying a fee) due to O2 not being able proivde the correct service? There is no signal at all in the town where I work.

Why have you waited for 18 months before deciding you want to cancel? It's highly unlikely you would be able to cancel the last six months without paying what you owe. If you're on a Refresh contract just pay off the phone and ask for your PAC. It would be the least expensive way out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Long shot, but have you /can you try setting the mobile network to 2g only?
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any WiFi where or near where you work?
Have you tried the TUGo App if it is suitable for your handset?
Message 6 of 6