cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling and Texting the UK (O2 to O2) from the USA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am travelling to America tomorrow and would very much appreciate any advice, regarding calling and texting to an O2 number in the UK.
What the charges would be and the best (cheapest) network to be on whilst I'm there?
I will be in Wisconsin first and then onto Stockton California.
I am on pay monthly O2 anytime and would like to know if my anytime minutes, texts and 1G data will count for anything whilst I'm there?

Thank you for your time

Clint
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

Your best bet is, if your phone is unlocked, take out the O2 sim and do not use it in the US, unless you have the Tu Go app installed and you can use a WiFi connection. Making and receiving calls from and to the UK while you're in the USA is very expensive, as is roaming on US networks. Your minutes and texts are only good in the UK, not in the US.

If you can, get a PAYG sim from a US carrier, such as AT&T or T-Mobile while you are there if you want to make calls within the US. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

Your best bet is, if your phone is unlocked, take out the O2 sim and do not use it in the US, unless you have the Tu Go app installed and you can use a WiFi connection. Making and receiving calls from and to the UK while you're in the USA is very expensive, as is roaming on US networks. Your minutes and texts are only good in the UK, not in the US.

If you can, get a PAYG sim from a US carrier, such as AT&T or T-Mobile while you are there if you want to make calls within the US. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2