cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call merging (s5). Will I/the other two people get charged?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello slight_smile
I have a contract with 02 which has unlimited mins. I wish to call two of my friends (using the merg feature on the samsung s5) but I am worried about the call charges to myself and the others.

If i call my friend then merge in my other friend will they be charged at all for the threeway call?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I believe you have to get it enabled on your account first, but it does work and others have used it in the past.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I believe you have to get it enabled on your account first, but it does work and others have used it in the past.

There was some talk (on the numerous other threads) about business users @MI5?...Either way it did need to be activated on your account as you say...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

As you know my business account is on EE (it works on there) but I have limited knowledge of O2 business accounts.
Maybe @adamtemp64 knows?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

Getafix
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How it works on Vodafone, but believe same for O2.

First activate the Conference Calling on your Line.

Once you have done that, then Call the 1 st Number, put on hold. Call Second Number.

Then merge the two calls. As you have made the calls the minutes come from your allowance.

You can have maximum of 5.

You can do the Merge for any active calls. The person who initiated the individual calls pay for it.

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Correct, the same for o2.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Just for clarification and anyone searching, this isn't an option on payandgo. 

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

No ^^^^^^ I realised that when I had no clue ...and did a lot of searching for my first post.... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17