cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding To UK Number Used Overseas

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just purchased a Three Sim card to use for a month while in the USA. Does anyone know if i set up call forwarding to that number, will I be charged?

Effectively the number is a UK number, so does it come out of my minutes allowance as a call to a UK mobile (obviously i may then be charged by Three but thats ok as their overseas calls are free). 

Just want to make sure that O2 would not charge anything above a standard call to UK mobile (which is free for me as i have unlimeted calls)

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144158 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It's a UK to UK call so included in your tariff.
It's the same as I do but I also install Tugo on my phone and use that over the included Three data allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume It would be charged as a call from your mobile which as you have unlimited mins means there won't be a charge. You will need to set up the always divert option.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144158 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It's a UK to UK call so included in your tariff.
It's the same as I do but I also install Tugo on my phone and use that over the included Three data allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I forgot about the TUGO option so may not bother with the call forwarding and just use that. Thanks
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144158 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No probs, it's like having a dual sim phone slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

TuGo is ideal for overseas usage though it's not a good option for iPhones receiving calls.

Message 6 of 6