cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt On Deactivation Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Months ago last year I got a new phone, a HTC One Mini 2, as soon as my phone came through the post and was trying to set it up, I realised that my old SIM card was to big for it, so later in the day I had to go to my local phone store to get one.

What the Assistant didn't tell me was that the SIM card was a Bolt-On one, so everytime that I top up my phone It uses the credit into like 1000 texts, 500 call time and GB or internet usage. I don't want that, as it also prevents me from listening to my Voicemails, now it's very inportant to me that I listent to them and this stupid Bolt-On service is getting in the way of that!

Now i've been into various mobile stores for help but they always say the usual rubbish like; "Try the store you got the card from" or "ring this number x-x-x-x..." Yet I've already done all them and called every 02 helpline in the phonebook.

All I want is to simply have phone credit on my mobile to use for texting, calling and listening to my voicemails without the hassle of any stupid 02 offers in the way.

Is there any way of like texting and automated service to cancel all this.

Please help me anyone.

Thank you in return!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Your best option would be Big Talker which will give you some allowances but also retain your credit. To switch your tariff to Big Talker, text BIGTALK to 21300 free from your O2 phone.

Allowances:

£10       
a month         
3000 O2 texts and 50MB data mobile data
£15       
a month         
3000 O2 texts, 3000 O2 minutes and 100MB data mobile data
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You should be able to change your tariff in My O2.

Thjere are only a couple of tariffs now where you keep your credit.

O2 Basic here : http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2basic

For this you will have to call customer service to request it.

International Sim : http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/international#qs

If you're an existing Pay & Go customer, either

• Text INTSIM free to 21300
  • Call 2202 free from your mobile
  • Visit My O2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community! Did you find any of the advice above useful, let us know if we can help you with any other thing.
Message 4 of 4