cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know why? when my bill due date is the 15th that O2 keep trying to take the money 2 weeks early. and why when they have a £300 deposit i still get threatened with being cut off. Any info would be helpful!!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your bill is always produced on the same date each month and payment date will always be 14 days after the bill date. Deposits are usually returned after 3 consequetive bills paid on time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Not sure what you mean, your bill is raised and you are notified, about 2 weeks before they take the money.

Check in MyO2 that your bills are up to date and all paid.

They are unlikely to touch the deposit, so they can return it in full.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your bill is always produced on the same date each month and payment date will always be 14 days after the bill date. Deposits are usually returned after 3 consequetive bills paid on time.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am also confused as to why my first months bill states it is due on the 21.08.14 however will be taken from my account on 04.08.14? Also wondering why I am being charged a full months bill when I received the phone today (21.07.14) and therefore when the money is taken from my account I will only have had the phone for 14 days?! seems a little unfair to me and I hope that this 2 weeks is going to be refunded to me at some point within the duration of my contract??

Thanks

Taegan. 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You get billed a month in advance and your payment date is always 14 days after the billing date. You will find that when your contract finishes the advance payment will be taken into account.

More here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment

"Your first bill will be higher than your regular payments, because we charge for line rental a month in advance. So, for your first bill, you'll be charged for your first and second month's tariff.
After this, your bills will return to normal."

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143413 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A quick read of the billing section of the t&c`s will explain all your questions.
They are there for your protection as well as O2`s.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6