cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Delay

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I've got 2 mobile plans, one for me and one for my son. His plan is fine, but for me, I've had an unusually large bill - over £40 more than usual. I've contacted the o2 staff, and, after an explanation of how I simply can't pay the bill on 9th of November, I've been notified that because it's unusually large, they will delay payment for a month so that they can investigate the situation. I just want to know, if it turns out that I have to pay this bill, will the date remain delayed to the 9th Decrmber? I have no problem with paying the bill over the coming month, just not next week. I'm wondering if this has happened to others - o2 delaying bill dates by a month.

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I personally have had no experience of this and wonder if you would need to ring O2 back to clarify to be absolutely certain?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

One of the big problems is that the system is automated and unless someone has specifically overridden it, the phone may well get blocked. I would have thought they would have split the bill so that a payment of some description would be made. I've never known them to delay it for a month though.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

One of the big problems is that the system is automated and unless someone has specifically overridden it, the phone may well get blocked. I would have thought they would have split the bill so that a payment of some description would be made. I've never known them to delay it for a month though.

No nor me. In fact we hear of horror stories of the outcome of none payment of bills...which is why I thought this needs checking again and probably email clarification. Another call to O2 sadly but the only way to be sure..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Doesn't seem right to me either. £40 may seem unusually large to the OP, but in the general scheme of things it isn't that big of an amount. Are O2 agreeing to delay payment for a month because the OP can't pay the amount, or because they're disputing the charge? It sounds as if another call by the OP to clarify or ensure that O2 will delay is necessary.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the bill is put into dispute it will be completely frozen until the investigation is complete. However, after the investigation the amount owed could be requested immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as they have put a marker on the account. I would have thought they would take the normal monthly payment as that isn't in dispute.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the account is put on hold payment must be made by the day before the next bill is produced to prevent restrictions going on to the account.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If call customer service again and clarify the situation.
Message 9 of 9