Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Talker - Pay and Go

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I start with a £10 top up I'd get 3000 O2 texts and 50MB (3G) data. I assume any texts / data not used are lost at the end of the month?

If at the end of the month there is credit remaining does that carry over ok?

It's possible to purchase 3G data at £3/100Mb & £6/500Mb out of credit at any time? Data purchased will be vaild for a month.

I want to use a phone for 2/3 months, it won't be making many (if any) calls and I'll probably use 500Mb per month max. If the above is correct it's probably the cheapest way to do it, unless someone can recommend a better way.

Thanks

For info: Reason for the above is I want to run a Windows phone on Win 10 beta through the new Insiders Program. I don't want to use it my main phone (O2 SIM only contract) as its important that it functions correctly (I'm frst point of contact for an elderly neighbours panic system) so however unlikely new buggy software would be an issue.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The allowances do not roll over into a new month. Any unused allowances are lost.

Any credit on your account remains on the account until it's used on your next anniversary date. As long as you top up every 999 days ,and make a call every six months the SIM card will remain live ,and any credit safe.

If you have below £10 on the payg account it will just sit on the account until you top up enough for the tariff amount.

Your normal allowances in your Big bundle have to be exhausted first before a Bolt On for extra Data will kick in.

Bolt On's again do no roll over.

The other option for Payg regarding Tariff is the Big Talker http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

"Big Talker is perfect if your friends and family are also on O2. Top up and get O2 Calls, O2 texts and data – use your credit to buy more when you need to."

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The allowances do not roll over into a new month. Any unused allowances are lost.

Any credit on your account remains on the account until it's used on your next anniversary date. As long as you top up every 999 days ,and make a call every six months the SIM card will remain live ,and any credit safe.

If you have below £10 on the payg account it will just sit on the account until you top up enough for the tariff amount.

Your normal allowances in your Big bundle have to be exhausted first before a Bolt On for extra Data will kick in.

Bolt On's again do no roll over.

The other option for Payg regarding Tariff is the Big Talker http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

"Big Talker is perfect if your friends and family are also on O2. Top up and get O2 Calls, O2 texts and data – use your credit to buy more when you need to."
Message 2 of 8

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @tullyhubbert 

You say that you won't make many calls, if none at all - will you be wanting to use the phone for texting?

Message 3 of 8

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks bob and gemz. I just want to run it doing side my o2 contract phone to prove if win 10 is stable enough to use on my main phone.

So very few texts and calls, mainly data services and prob 2-3 months duration.
Message 4 of 8

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

So you just want it as a spare phone - not to primarily use?

£10 is the least you can top up anyway. If you're not using it and not on a tariff then you won't need to top up for thr 2-3 months that you use it.  If you want to use for data you could get a data bolt on? They start from £3 for 100MB. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
get a giffgaff sim - way cheaper.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Or Tesco Mobile. Both giffgaff and Tesco run on the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks all, SIM now on order.
Message 8 of 8