cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bundles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm on a big bundles tariff where I have to top up £10 a month, but I'd rather have the old, simple pay as you go set-up, where I top up £10, and that's it. I then pay for each text and call when I send/make it.

I'm guessing I need to opt-out, or something? Anyway, I can't findout how to do this 😕

Any help?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to call cs on 4445 and ask them to change you to O2 Basic tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to call cs on 4445 and ask them to change you to O2 Basic tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Or even think of Tesco or giffgaff who use the O2 networks and have far better basic tariffs so I understand...

http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-support/1082-pay-as-you-go/1091-tariffs

https://www.giffgaff.com/compare-pay-as-you-go-tariffs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

What if I changed my tariff to £15 a month, but each time only topped up £10. Would this then work like a basic pay as you go set-up? I.e. It wouldn't take my credit in return for x number of calls, texts etc?

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No, you would get £10 worth of allowances.
You need to switch to big talker then you will keep your credit or o2 basic or international tariff.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks slight_smile

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick question: If I change to big talker, then do I need to top up each month? Or do I get to keep my unused credit, therefore allowing me to top up when it runs out, say in 2 or 3 months?
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look here...http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/big-talker

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will need to top up each month. If you wanty to keep your credit you need to call customer service and ask to be put on the Basic tariff or the International tariff. That way you keep the credit and just pay for each call or text.

Another alternative is to go with giffgaff or tesco, both use the O2 network and have a better choice of tariffs.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/big-talker

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

"On your renewal date, if you’ve topped up by at least the minimum amount in the last month, you'll get your new inclusive monthly allowance. If you haven't, you won't get a new allowance. If you've got any credit left, you’ll still be able to call, text and use data at our standard rates until it's all gone. You'll need to top up the right amount to qualify for another month's allowance."

So when I top up, I'd get my allowances, but let's say at the end of the month, I don't top up, and still have £8.50 of credit left. Would that credit carry on to the next month, or be taken away?

Message 10 of 17