Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being prepared for a New Tariff

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I need some advice from you guys about my new tariff. It may be a little early but I have to get prepared.

Currently I am on contract which is up for renewal in December (or just before) I have a S3 at the moment

To get something that suits me, there are a few things you need to know ...

!) I will be getting a Note 3...that isn't up for debate...

2) Currently I am on Unlimited texts and minutes and 1GB of data (which I never exceed)

3) Where possible, I use my PC or tablet. (I don't work... so these two devices are my comfort zone)

4) I go to Spain frequently so this has to be considered....

5) I want to stay with O2

As the  contract I am on at present is the first one I have ever had.....what is going to happen nearer my end date? ....

Will I be bombarded with calls and texts from other partners encouraging me to go with them?...

There you go...I am sure I will have many other questions, but these will do for now wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23065 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

There aren't any posts saying that should be the case. All that was said was that TuGo is an option with O2 but not with Tesco Mobile. Not that a network choice should be based on it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 91 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

There aren't any posts saying that should be the case. All that was said was that TuGo is an option with O2 but not with Tesco Mobile. Not that a network choice should be based on it.

I agree totally Bambino ... and my theory is... I have never used it, therefore I wont miss it.

However. until you mentioned it, I had forgotten that TuGo  was even an option that could be considered wink

So something else new learned today Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always buy my phones sim free, and just get a sim only deal with o2. I bought the Galaxy Note at the begining of the month, and upgraded my sim only deal. £20/month, unlimited calls any network, unlimited text, and 3GB data.  Had to get a new sim card as last Galaxy Note didn't use micro-sim, but that was straight forward and just did a swap. The information that comes with the sim explains how to do the swap. All very easy.

Message 93 of 99

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Hi and welcome - Good first post too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 94 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous  Thanks for that info. It all helps me with my choice slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 95 of 99

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  Thanks for that info. It all helps me with my choice slight_smile

It better @Cleoriff !!Fantastic

Message 96 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have marked this thread as problem solved.:smileywink:

I do realise I may have further questions on the whole upgrade/end of contract issue....if I do I will start a new thread.

My rationale for this is, anyone with a similar problem has quite enough choices contained within this thread to go on...any additional info may well be lost if it goes on further....

So thanks for everything guys...so far....'till we meet again'....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 99

Anonymous
Not applicable
Theirs a fantastic amount of knowledge and information in your thread which I'm sure will be of use to others in a similar situation.
Message 98 of 99

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 99 of 99