cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad indoor signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I renewed my contract on o2 due to good deals, then bought a old house......the signal is poor in the house, soon as i go out side i have 4g, even switching the settings to 2g. Ive rang o2 for help, they put me towards the tugo app....which i can only describe as terrible, it hangs up my calls constantly....dosent let me answer via my screen, and call qualitly is awful through my wifi connection. I use my phone for my business as im self employed, and having this when talking to customers is terrible. o2 simply said nothing they can do. There is a signal booster that a few of my friends have got as they are on business contracts 

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/business/boostbox_qsg_guide_standard_v4_lr.pdf

but due to me not being a business customer they have refused to even acknowlage this exists 😞 i need alternatives asap or some way i can boost my signal in the house. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
But they won't work unless set up by customer services and I doubt they will set it up on a non buisness plan
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

what about taking out a o2 business sim only contract...surely then im eligible to recieve a boost box!

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would need to speak to Customer Service regarding that avenue @Anonymous

I would assume if your registered on a Business Tariff then they would offer the service of purchasing said Boostbox.

A self help guide http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-may-help-Explain/m-p/382428

The next thing to hit networks is calling over Wifi.

Ee are currently looking into this http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-EE-to-offer-phone-calls-and-texts-over-WiFi/m-p/687635/highlight/true#M25706

Apple will be introducing this feature into their next iOS 8 update.

This upcoming new feature may help many in fringe coverage.
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said speak to buisness customer service but yes I would imagine on a sim only plan you would be able to get a boost box just get the cheapest sim only tarriff but remember the box is not free it's £150 let us know if you find out I hope you can get one sorted slight_smile
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always been a problem signal
If u stuck into a contract than
What can I say
Hopefully after 2 years they would b able to fix the signals on London lol
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the signal reduces as a result of changes made by o2 such as decommissioning a mast for example then with a bit of pushing o2 will allow the account to leave.

In this case the OPb has moved home. When the contract was started at the previous address signal was I presume fine.

O2 Haven't forced the signal drop, the OP has. I had exactly the same issue when I moved (I was with t mobile then) and I had to see out my contract.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you get anywhere with this @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I live in bromley and our signal all around is so bad whole neighbourhood have problems receiving or making calls..soon as we are at different area then signal imroves drastically..some of our friends with other networks seem to have no problem. .not sure when 02 will improve bromley.they said they were doing something while back but that didnt help sorry to say coz its still the same.bad bad signal and forget about using 3g or 4g unless connected to wifi
Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I live in bromley and our signal all around is so bad whole neighbourhood have problems receiving or making calls..soon as we are at different area then signal imroves drastically..some of our friends with other networks seem to have no problem. .not sure when 02 will improve bromley.they said they were doing something while back but that didnt help sorry to say coz its still the same.bad bad signal and forget about using 3g or 4g unless connected to wifi

How long have you got to go on your contract @Anonymous ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19