O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
tuppershell

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

HI,
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO BLOCK A NUMBER FROM CONTACTING YOU?
I DON'T REALLY WANT THE HASSLE OF CHANGING SIM CARDS AND NUMBERS ETC.
I COULDNT FIND ANY HELP ON THE WEBSITE.

THANKS,
SHELL.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Kenny

Re: **BLOCKING A NUMBER**

HI,
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO BLOCK A NUMBER FROM CONTACTING YOU?
I DON'T REALLY WANT THE HASSLE OF CHANGING SIM CARDS AND NUMBERS ETC.
I COULDNT FIND ANY HELP ON THE WEBSITE.
THANKS,
SHELL.

Hi Shell,

Unfortunately, O2 are unable to block numbers from ringing/texting you. However, if you are receiving nuisance calls/texts, they can offer you a new free of charge sim card with a new number on it and will be able to transfer any credit and services from your old sim card.

With Samsung phones, there is a built-in feature that allows you to block texts. If you do have one of these phones, let me know which model number you have and I can give you the instructions on how to block texts.

Regards

Kenny.
Please use plain text.
tuppershell

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

HI, THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE.
I HAVE A SAMSUNG E900
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Rawly

E900

Hello,

To block the number you can go to

Menu
Block Number
and enter the number there and press save

Regards

Rawly
Thanks

Rawly
Please use plain text.
justgroovy73

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

Does the Samsung J700 have this facility where you can block individual numbers?
Please use plain text.
dorrian3

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

Does the Samsung J700 have this facility where you can block individual numbers?

Most samsungs do
i no my old u600 did
Please use plain text.
lfs673

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

Could anyone tell me if its possible to block a number on a samsung tocco? And if so, how?
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 158
Solutions: 1,829

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

Yes it is, you can do it through the call barring menu or highlight the number and go into options/block number. It's mentioned on page 57 of the manual below.

Samsung Tocco

Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
1Kiefer

why dont they...

I really just dont understand why O2 cant just make it possible for people to block numbers. i mean, if they could just make it similar to msn in that respect, meaning that way you dont get people you hate sending you abusive texts, theres nothing worse then that as a teenager. well other then homework... but still.
I'm sure O2 could quite easily create software which could check the number before letting a text or call get sent through. and i don't think it would take much more tim forthe numbers to be checked, and i mean, ok current sims at the moment cant be changed that are out there, so they cant just be built in with blocking numbers because its too late (unless they re-issued every single sim (which would be stupid) but they could start making sims that do that now, then over time, all sims would end up being able to do that anyway.
But if not that sytem, why not a bit of extra sofware on the towers and where the texts and calls get processed through, which checks th number, and which will allow you to send a text from your phone, to a number which O2 can decide where you have to enter in a simple format such as "Block 07---------" which would be quite simple.
Main problem for short term costs of O2 is that it would mean that O2 would need to pay for the new part to the software, and they may need to get a few more massive hard drives purposefully for putting the information of what numbers are blocked for each phone on.
I think it would be a good idea, as it will make current customers happy, and also, as far as i'm aware, no other company is doing that at the moment either, so along with O2's great deals and rates, i think also having this system over other companies would probably also get alot more new customers, especially teenagers and people up to about 25!
Just thought I'd say. But generally i like O2, the customer services arent great, but u get what you need sorted after a while. But generally good. And i must say, i LOVE the XDA range of phones, i had a mini s and currently have the XDA orbit, absolutely love them (i get them handed down from my dad when his contract restarts) but yeah, they're great!
But i do think O2 should really give the option of call and text blocking a serious thought though!
"I want to invent something!"
"Thats nice dear what do you want to invent?"
"What about a phone that is portable?"
"Hmmm, i agree hunny, a portable phone would be useful"
And Thus, The Mobile phone was created!
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
pctech

**BLOCKING A NUMBER**

To implement this at the network level would increase the hardware processing overhead and slow down delivery (particularly on occasions such as New Year's Eve when the infrastructure is busy anyway)
Please use plain text.