cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG BILL Email Not from O2 - Phishing Alert.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Don't click the link if you get an email about a BIG BILL. !!

http://news.o2.co.uk/2014/05/29/phishing-alert-may-2014/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Not a bad idea aldaweb. I've floated this thread in the Pay Monthly/Pay and Go section and I'll look into adding it to the 'featured threads' list which you can see when you enter some boards. This way more people will see it.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warrington and Halton Trading Standards Dept (iCan) have put out a warning over one of these scams.  

It reads like the monthly email from O2 saying your bill is ready etc and gives the usual warnings.

Like the others its  dear customer, not your name and it doesnt have the amount of your bill included like the real ones do.

Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Warrington and Halton Trading Standards Dept (iCan) have put out a warning over one of these scams.  

It reads like the monthly email from O2 saying your bill is ready etc and gives the usual warnings.

Like the others its  dear customer, not your name and it doesnt have the amount of your bill included like the real ones do.

Thanks for the heads up @Anonymous . The amount of scams around are frightening...and growing by the day.

A sign of the times we live in sadlySmiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing 🙂
Message 14 of 14