cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these legitimate O2 Sales phone numbers - Gave details and worried now.

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't get through to O2 helpline and they close at 9pm, and Live-chat is "too busy" it seems. So can anyone here please put my mind at rest and confirm if these are legitimate O2 sales team phone numbers?

A man from O2 (think he said his name was Alan) called me on both these numbers today, and convinced me to upgrade from pay and go to a Simplicity unlimited contract. It sounded a good deal so I agreed, and he said I would receive an email confirming the contract and direct debit details which I had agreed to. However the email received does not confirm anything about it, except it does confirm the order number which he had quoted over the phone.

Really worried now as I had given my Bank Debit card details and other personal details. Am I worrying for nothing? Been trying to find where to track my order here on the site in "My O2" but can't find anything about tracking orders in there.

Cas

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes that's the correct link. You will get confirmation straight away but they could take 7 working days to get back to you. Include a daytime contact number.

Personally I would also email the O2 CEO Mr Dunne....Google is your friend, again include a contact number.

Message 31 of 72

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Unfortunately your story of promised "deals" not being honoured through these cold calls is all too familiar.!

And tbh I'm not even shocked that it seems they've not cancelled this contract as promised either!

These "trusted third parties" are an absolute nightmare and imo O2 need to wake up to the fact that they're giving the company a terrible name! The sooner that ties are severed the better, but I doubt that'll happen!

Anyway @Cas1951 please keep is informed of what happens.

Good luck, and don't let up.

Charlie.
Message 32 of 72

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's likely just needing time for the system to update and correct the changes, hopefully !
Keep your eye on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes that's the correct link. You will get confirmation straight away but they could take 7 working days to get back to you. Include a daytime contact number.

Personally I would also email the O2 CEO Mr Dunne....Google is your friend, again include a contact number.

Thanks for the advice @jonsie 

I'll try find Mr Dunne's contact details as you suggest.

Yes you're right, I've just received the confirmation reply from the "complaints" e-address which says.......... "We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days......"

Message 34 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Unfortunately your story of promised "deals" not being honoured through these cold calls is all too familiar.!

And tbh I'm not even shocked that it seems they've not cancelled this contract as promised either!

These "trusted third parties" are an absolute nightmare and imo O2 need to wake up to the fact that they're giving the company a terrible name! The sooner that ties are severed the better, but I doubt that'll happen!

Anyway @Cas1951 please keep is informed of what happens.

Good luck, and don't let up.

Charlie.

@gindygoo Thanks for your notes Charlie, no I won't give up on it & will definitely report back, then the whole scenario will be online for anyone else searching for similar info in the future.

Heck yes - an absolute nightmare!

Message 35 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's likely just needing time for the system to update and correct the changes, hopefully !
Keep your eye on it.

@MI5 yes, that's true and I've just now received an auto-text from o2 telling me latest bill now online.  Hopefully the system will be updated by Monday, then if not will contact them again by phone.

Message 36 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The thing is if you have cancelled this contract and instructed your bank to cancel any direct debit and refuse future demands for payments they can't touch you. You have followed all the steps as advised @Cas1951

They are whistling in the wind now in my opinion...

I commend your perseverance wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The thing is if you have cancelled this contract and instructed your bank to cancel any direct debit and refuse future demands for payments they can't touch you. You have followed all the steps as advised @Cas1951

Aaah thanks for your comments @Cleoriff you have been a great help.
Yes that's all I can do for now isn't it. So - will see what Monday brings! wink

Message 38 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Cas1951 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Aaah thanks for your comments @Cleoriff you have been a great help.
Yes that's all I can do for now isn't it. So - will see what Monday brings! wink

Probably require you putting your suit of armour on....and preparing to fight the good fight...(Joking) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cheers.gif  Cheers @Cleoriff yes I have been to fight the good fight again this morning.

Sheesh!! the O2 customer service man I'd spoken to and thought was trustworthy on the phone on Thursday (3rd Sept) had not cancelled the order as promised even though he'd seemed to spend a long time looking into it all. The lady I spoke to there this morning confirmed there was no record of the instruction to cancel it. This lady did, I know, look into it as she read back to me an email I had sent (which I think must be the one I sent to the "complaints" address). She confirmed that as we spoke she was now doing the cancellation, and all details would be removed from "My O2" within the next few hours, and direct debit instruction removed. So fingers crossed!

Message 40 of 72