cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these legitimate O2 Sales phone numbers - Gave details and worried now.

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't get through to O2 helpline and they close at 9pm, and Live-chat is "too busy" it seems. So can anyone here please put my mind at rest and confirm if these are legitimate O2 sales team phone numbers?

A man from O2 (think he said his name was Alan) called me on both these numbers today, and convinced me to upgrade from pay and go to a Simplicity unlimited contract. It sounded a good deal so I agreed, and he said I would receive an email confirming the contract and direct debit details which I had agreed to. However the email received does not confirm anything about it, except it does confirm the order number which he had quoted over the phone.

Really worried now as I had given my Bank Debit card details and other personal details. Am I worrying for nothing? Been trying to find where to track my order here on the site in "My O2" but can't find anything about tracking orders in there.

Cas

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cas1951 wrote:

@Cleoriff  - thanks, yes I've just discovered it too after searching around for ages!

I'll send the email to that phishing address - see what they say.

Your help much appreciated.

No problem...(I had to google that phishing address as I had forgotten where to look :smileywink:) Would you mind coming back and letting us know what they say?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 72

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good grief, NO.
Never, never, never (did I say never?) agree to anything from a cold call.
Always call O2 yourself or go into an O2 shop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 72

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  - I've sent the email to the phishing address now, and yes I will definitely come back and report any feedback.

@MI5 - I know! I've been such a fool, thinking that it was O2 genuine enough. He had also sent me a code number text which appeared to have genuinely come from O2, but what was the point of that anyway I now wonder?  I'll not rest now until I speak to my bank in the morning.

Message 13 of 72

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cas, I'm not suggesting you've done anything wrong or that it's a dodgy deal. Just that you should always know who you are dealing with and the only way to be sure is to make contact yourself.
Hope all is OK for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 72

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I am plagued with 020 numbers. Really frustrating x

giphy-3
Message 15 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Cas1951...

The problem is if they say they are from O2 people tend to believe them....This is why after 100's of posts on here we just advise NOT to sign up to anything from a cold call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 72

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Block 'em !

Currently using:
Message 17 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cas1951 wrote:

@Anonymous  Yes and I think too that O2 need to make it easier to be able to report these things directly to them immediately they cause worry too.

eg - I wish there was an O2 customer care email address for suspected fraud, etc, that I could forward the "order confirmation email" to.

Well there is @Cas1951...Have a read through this

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/fraud-and-phishing-advice#qs

phishing@o2.com

@Cleoriff -  That link has some useful information but seems well constructed to relieve O2 of any responsibility to help. There are at least 2 links on that page that take us to the O2 Contact Us page which is craftily designed to point to the Community but as has been pointed out time without number the Community is in no position to help any customer who has been approached by cold callers whether or not they are approved O2 partners.  In other words it is just another O2 mess that no one in the company seems to take seriously.

Message 18 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

I am plagued with 020 numbers. Really frustrating x

Just add them to your reject list @Cairdeas. I do. Also change your marketing preferences via MyO2:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 72

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff..I'll go do that now x

giphy-3
Message 20 of 72