Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon fire-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought amazon fire 32g on a refresh 500mb data 4g tariff

Stated that i would recieve a code for an amazon fire 8gb tab for £1

I was told this would be included when i get the phone but low and behold no Leaflet!

Ive got one of the tariffs for this and would like to know why i dont have one!

THanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is the phone any good I have aniPhone 4 s at the moment

No, it's not very good at all.

It tries to be too many things but succeeds at non of them.

It also runs a restricted version of Android which is totally pointless.....!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You nomarly get what you pay or these days. Amazon firephones are fairly basic....therew as a review on here but it has fallen into a blackhole it seems....

Message 12 of 24

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You nomarly get what you pay or these days. Amazon firephones are fairly basic....therew as a review on here but it has fallen into a blackhole it seems....

Same blackhole as your grammar and spelling @jonsie ??????

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this phone have a particular OS or is it just another attempt at a phone trying to be a brand like the Facebook phone
Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Same blackhole as your grammar and spelling @jonsie ??????

I've been plagiarized...:smileywink:

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does this phone have a particular OS or is it just another attempt at a phone trying to be a brand like the Facebook phone

It's listed as Amazon Fire Operating System but it is kind of based on Android. 

Message 16 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't have many good reviews... Tech Radar stated "It's based on Android, but if you've ever seen or used Android before, you'll notice immediately that Fire OS looks and feels nothing like Android"....so you decide. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read the tech radar review because I was very interested to hear what Amazon could do with a smartphone but so far nothing strikes me as Amazon are just plagiarising the ill fated Facebook phone. That's why its failed
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just recieved my phone and have no leaflet either. On the order form it says quanity "0" next to fire hd 7 tablet.

I have asked customer service and they said the leaflet is sent separate and mine has been dispatched to arrive in 2 working days. I am not using the phone untill it arrives as I will send back if my leaflet never appears!!
Message 19 of 24

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have just recieved my phone and have no leaflet either. On the order form it says quanity "0" next to fire hd 7 tablet.

I have asked customer service and they said the leaflet is sent separate and mine has been dispatched to arrive in 2 working days. I am not using the phone untill it arrives as I will send back if my leaflet never appears!!

Makes sense....O2 and promotions aren't a  good mix.

If you do keep the phone please consider a review for the members here. There was one but it seems to have disappeared.

Message 20 of 24