cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I entitled to compensation for days without service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried to find an answer in the O2 terms and conditions but I've been unable to find an answer.

I have been without service for 2 days now.

I was wondering how long as a customer got to be without service before they can be compensated. By compensation I mean a reduction in the next months bill for x amount of days without service.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well blimy my house walls must be too thick even though two phone masts are 2 mins down the road to me... Hahah

Move.....?LOL

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmmm phone over house.... Hmmmm
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the help.

I got service back around midday today.

I've just called 202 and asked if I am entitled to a credit/refund for the days without service. She said that my postcode was still showing that a mast in this area isn't working so service could go off again. So she said at this time she couldn't give me any sort of credit/refund until the status reported there were no issues in my area.

So I'll probably check O2 status regularly and probably call back them back once it's clear.

Message 13 of 19

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service page is showing no faults now in my area so I called O2 and asked them again about crediting me for the days without service. She said they normally don't credit/compensate unless there is no service for 2 weeks, but she was prepared to credit me for the days without service, she is crediting my next bill with £2.40.

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
All better than nothing grin
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok not loads but it's something.
Message 17 of 19

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions
Sounds fair enough slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 19