cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental premium call

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just realised I called 0913 666 0338 for five minutes from inside my pocket. It must have been a scammy link in an ad in an app on my iphone.
Now Ive googled it and it says it charges £1/minute, I am pretty scared and would like to know if there is a chance to cancel the charges when they are going to hit?
This number is apparently famous quotes from footballers and other fascinating facts.
Really annoyed
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Posting here as neither telephone nor live support open yet
Message 2 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi there, good morning.

As you're the one who has made the call, albeit by accident. I'm afraid that you're going to be liable for the charges for that call!

It may seem unfair, and I agree to a certain extent but o2 will have to pay the charges for that call therefor they will charge you.

It's just a matter of how much this mistake will now cost 😞

I would definitely talk to cs though, u never know u might get lucky, although I very much doubt it.

Sorry it's not better news.

Charlie.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only customer service can help with this but when speaking to them ask them to add a premium call bar to your account to save any further issues. I suggest speaking to them, should be open now, rather than live chat as they are more flexible.

Message 4 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
http://who-called.co.uk/Number/09136660338

Scam built into an app.
Lots of ccomplaints
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope it gets resolved but next time make sure you don't accidentally click on a premium subscription service
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We have had another post just recently with a mistaken click on a link to this number.....The OP complained to the company (who use the number).......They got their money refunded as I remember.

O2 refused to do anything about it.

According to Phonepayplus this number belongs to Technology Communications. They have a Customer Care Number of 02034550849.  The description of their service is "Recorded Football stars"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7