cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely sick of constant reception issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone explain to me why on earth my data drops down from 4G to G EVERY day after 1pm??

I didn't used to have this issue but the last couple of weeks it is happening every day without fail. The hilarious thing about it is that it only happens on my Note 3 which is on a regular consumer account. My Blackberry Z10, on my business account, maintains 4G.

HOW?

Telling the phone to scan for network providers and readding it to O2 makes no difference. Rebooting the handset makes no difference. Please somebody from O2, explain to me what is being done to my account.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having issues. We are all customers here tho.

Maybe your SIM is becoming faulty and needs replacing? 

Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like possible mast congestion to me

Check http://status.o2.co.uk and use the MYNETWORK App to report what service your getting.
Message 3 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Swap sim cards between your 2 phones for a day.
If the Note 3 still drops 4G it's a faulty phone, if the BB drops signal, you have a faulty sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Cheers for the responses. I have just now taken the sim out of the Note 3 and put it into the Blackberry and low and behold, the Blackberry went straight onto 4G.

Now, normally I would say right, OK, the Note is faulty. However, it is only here, on this mast. Every evening when I drive away from work it will switch back to first H+ and then 4G at a certain point of the journey, so that's even stranger.

I've put the Blackberry sim into the Note 3 and it has gone straight to 4G but quickly switched to H+.

I've now put everything back where it started and I have 4G again on the Note on its original sim. So why does it drop down every day after 1pm, and no matter how many reboots I do it refuses to go back onto 4G etc., yet I put the sim in another handset temporarily and then move it back and all is fine?!

Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It might have been a build up of static on the sim card which you have now discharged by removing it from the phone.
Anything else would be guesswork.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

bandofbrothers wrote:
Sounds like possible mast congestion to me

Check http://status.o2.co.uk and use the MYNETWORK App to report what service your getting.

Indeed, it's pretty grim reading to see the following whenever checking the service status. Every day, every week - o2's answer "have a new sim card".

• Sorry we are experiencing high service demand in this area
  • A mast close to your location is experiencing a high level of demand for service. This can cause intermittent service for calls, texts and data. We’re working to improve it as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • Updated 15:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Yet underneath the message they report that:

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• O2 - your mixed messages do not compute

Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Certainly mixed messages @Anonymous  As I understand it the top part of the graph (showing problems) is the only one that pops up when experiencing problems and refreshes constantly. ...

Still doesnt compute though...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The top part informs you of any current faults. The bottom part is what you get in normal circumstances when the service is without faults.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The top part informs you of any current faults. The bottom part is what you get in normal circumstances when the service is without faults.

Nearly right then @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21