cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A considered regression of a contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, So I've been looking into switching down my current contract into something more managable as I'm currently paying a little more than I would want.

However I believe I have found a way in which I can move from Refresh to Sim-Only to Pay&Go.

However if someone would like to check this theory with me, I'd be more than appreciative.

My theory is this;

I could use O2's system to pay off my device plan and "upgrade my phone", but by upgrading it to a Sim Only Deal with a duration of 30Days, this technically would count as an upgrade.

Then at the end of the 30Days, request a transfer of the phone number to a Pay & Go tariff. thereby ending the contracted periods all together.

I only bring this up as I currently do not make full use of my texts/calls allowances (not even 10% of my quota),  and would much rather be able to switch at whim to a more structured package for my requirements without the overhead of a contract every month.

Like I said above, if someone wants to let me know if this would be at all feasible, i'd be grateful.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Once you have paid off the device plan you can just go directly to PAYG. No need to go sim only in between at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Once you have paid off the device plan you can just go directly to PAYG. No need to go sim only in between at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can pay off the device plan and then give notice to end the airtime. No need to go onto a sim only monthly contract though, you can go straight to P&G.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah my thanks, I wasn't sure it was allowed as I thought you were still kept to the minimum term.
I take it "notice" is the standard 30 days?.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, you just need to pay 30 days. If you switch immediately to PAYG the 30 days will be added to your final bill.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions