cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit miffed...terminate contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so, I'm just looking for some help...

I am on an O2 contract, and have about another 7-8 months left...Where I live, we haven't always had the best reception, but we could work with it. For about the last 5 months now, it has been dreadful! I mean, "No Service" 90% of the time, a screen pop up stating that the "O2-UK Network is not available," and only one or 2 bars when there is service. No one can hear me on the phone, not even O2 customer service....they actually asked "I can't hear you. What is the problem?" Seriously?! I have to make calls through FaceTime or Viber and lets face it, if I need 999, I'm screwed! It isn't the phone, because it works when I am in the next town, city or at work. I have been in contact with O2 over and over, on here, by phone, on facebook.... They say there is no problem on their end. I was sent a new sim to replace an already new sim. They then said there wasn't enough people complaining in my area for them to check and that they can't always guarantee signal! I don't live in the sticks! I know loads of other people in my town who have complained, including my mum, aunt and cousins, but that shouldn't matter...some people even took it to a resolver page and seen that others from all around had been on there too! O2 then said there was a mast issue and that someone would be sent out for maintenance...well, that was suppose to happen the week before last, and still...no joy! I am just fed up! My dad changed networks and he has had no problems. It has got to the point where it seems I am paying for nothing...I have well paid for the value of the phone plus more, but it is like I am paying for a service I am not receiving and just throwing away money! I feel I am out of ideas, and want to terminate the contract, but there is no way in hell I am paying over £100 to do so! I have wasted enough money paying each month for nothing! Sorry for the long winded rant, but I am at a loss... slight_frown

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Make an official complaint via email. You have to go that route to get out of your contract.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Also look to email the CEO`s office. Google is your friend.

Message 2 of 7

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Have you tried TuGo?

Oh and dont worry about 999 calls. Mobiles will just latch on to whatever signal they can get for emergency calls.

ewan

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people do live in black spots, and can be unfortunate to get little or no service...but like the other posts you could try TuGo over wifi for your calls and texts (Or a boost box if you can get hold of one from O2)

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm have signal issues as well but because i use my phone through the day to make the calls i struggle to make at night i dont have a case.

extremely disappointing on o2's behalf

Message 5 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

My living room is a blackspot and I rely on TuGo..! Honestly it's an absolute lifesaver.

You need to dowmload it, it'll give your phone a new lease of life.

Charlie.

Message 6 of 7

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I totally agree tu go is brilliant.My mums house is a black spot,txts and calls dont come through at all.but thanks to the app i dont miss anything

Message 7 of 7