Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% extra data on big bundles for all customers

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just seen this https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/ might be some help to some one

To get 50% extra data on top of your standard Big Bundle tariff allowance for two months you will be entitled to 50% extra UK data on top of your standard data allowance as follows:

£10 Big Bundle= 250MB extra in addition to 500MB standard; £15 Big Bundle = 500MB extra in addition to 1GB standard; £20 Big Bundle = 1GB extra in addition to 2GB standard; or £25 Big Bundle = 2GB extra in addition to 4GB standard (each an “Extra Allowance”).

If you are a New Customer you will receive the Extra Allowance automatically when you top up. If you are an Existing Customer or a Switching Customer you will need to: opt into the Promotion by texting “BIG50” to “2424” prior to the expiry of the Promotion Period; and renew your Big Bundle within 30 days of opting in.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/big-bundles-50-percent-extra-data-offer-terms-and-con...

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
To be fair, many times it's personal so we may not know and in any case, one person posting that they think o2 should restructure their entire PAYG allowances won't encourage them to do anything about it, regardless of who feeds it back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 54

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
To be fair, many times it's personal so we may not know and in any case, one person posting that they think o2 should restructure their entire PAYG allowances won't encourage them to do anything about it, regardless of who feeds it back.

My point.....

Message 12 of 54

la7
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby if you could feed back to them that the big bundles need to be less mins and text and more data

E.G

e.g

£10 = 100 min 500 text 2 gb of data

£15 = 200 min 800 text 4 gb of data

£20 = 300 min 1200 text 7gb of data

£30 = 500 min 2000 text 10 gb of data

Also Toby the data add-ons are way out of data and too small for 2016 data add-ons should be

E.G

£5=1GB data bolt on

£15=3 GB of data bolt on

Tesco mobile MVNO (part owned by o2) have these data bolt ons for payg customers

500MB

£5.00

1GB

£7.50

2GB

£10.00

3GB

£12.50

4GB

£15.00

6GB

£17.50

8GB

£20.00

http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-support/1082-pay-as-you-go/1092-bundles/pay-as-you-go-data-bundl...

So o2 should be able to do better if they want customers that is

if they want payg customers that is

Message 13 of 54

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Calls and texts aren't really good business. It's data these days and that's where the big profits come in.  It's today's world,  we don't communicate unless it's on social media.  I sit in a bar or the bus and people don't speak, they communicate by Facebook or Whatsapp. Data is the be all and end all.  Sad innit? 

Message 14 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If I could just step in here and point out that not everyone needs more data. We have lots of people asking for a more basic tariff...which results in us directing them to Tesco or Giffgaff....

Personally I have enough data to suit my needs...and usually have plenty left over at the end of the month...

No one need jump on me for these comments. Its all a matter of personal choice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 54

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Lots of free wifi around these days too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 54

la7
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have the o2 basic tariff where calls are 15p per min but can only be added by the retentions department and no way of a customer adding it via their online account etc and then with that tariff any data add-ons are not 4g and are expensive e.g £10 for 1 gb data add-on

Message 17 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Exactly ....my point was many people don't want extra data...If I wanted something basic I probably would clear off to Tesco or Giffgaff...:smileywink:

Probably in 10 years time there will be no tariffs without data?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 54

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Most of the youmger generation use texts or data enabled apps these days to communicate. Unlimited calls and texts are great...if that's what you want. Personally I make very few calls and send maybe a dozen texts a month and data is all important for my usage on smartphone and tablet. Let's face it, if we only wanted calls and texts then the 3310 would still be the best selling phone.

Message 19 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Most of the youmger generation use texts or data enabled apps these days to communicate. Unlimited calls and texts are great...if that's what you want. Personally I make very few calls and send maybe a dozen texts a month and data is all important for my usage on smartphone and tablet. Let's face it, if we only wanted calls and texts then the 3310 would still be the best selling phone.

I totally agree with this. Especially with technology moving forward,  devices are becomming more data reliant.

Message 20 of 54