cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently moved over to O2 having previously being on EE sim only. I now have a 4G ready sim only deal, I have had this deal for about 3 days now on an Iphone 6 and I am still unable to connect to 4G. I have checked to see if coverage is available in my area, which it is. I have also checked in my settings to see if 4G is running on my phone which it also is. I'm not sure if I need to activate anything, help!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Martin-O2 ......this shouldn't have needed "an idea" logging.

It's just good working practice to do a job correctly the first time.

Just think how much extra working time O2 employees and contractors could create just by doing their job correctly first time rather than having to go back over the same ground to correct their errors.

O2 could halve it's workforce probably.

If these sloppy work practices are endemic within the Telefonica Group, just imagine the savings that could be made......just by doing a job correctly the first time.

Hi @Beenherebefore,

Ideas can highlight issues that have occurred, as well being based on new concepts. What Martin is saying is that there is an idea on this and that it will be logged and reviewed, along with all the feedback. He's saying it will not be ignored essentially. We know its a big talking point and it is being discussed with the rest of the team. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We first reported this months ago - why hasn't the training been improved already?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Toby wrote:

Ideas can highlight issues that have occurred, as well being based on new concepts. What Martin is saying is that there is an idea on this and that it will be logged and reviewed, along with all the feedback. He's saying it will not be ignored essentially. We know its a big talking point and it is being discussed with the rest of the team. 

But a problem with O2 working practices should not be the subject of a customer forum's idea.

What the heck are O2's management doing all day if they can't improve their own department working practices without the input of us "amateurs".

Managers within O2 seem to be in denial that there are endemic failings in their systems.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 23 of 25

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 24 of 25

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Beenherebefore,

We've been talking about this in the team today and I'm going to talk to any affected (which is a much smaller number of people than most involved in this discussion perceive; A handful). You're right, an idea on this kind of observation is not a normal way to raise such a thing but the idea is there and I'm simply saying that we'll take on board the idea as well as all of the other feedback. Yes, this issue was raised previously by members here and the community team did raise it then, but these few current instances are not related guys. We did raise this before, it was worked on and now we are raising it again for a new set of instances. Recognised issues can crop up again occasionally guys in a company as large as O2, but we work to rectify them asap each and every time. It does not mean we're complacent. That's simply not true slight_smile

Lets close this discussion off now, as I've provided the above info and I'll be PM'ing a few of you so that we can help you out. Once again guys, thanks for raising the issue so that we can tend to it.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 25