cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G nano sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all 🙂 thanks for all your help on my last thread. I've upgraded today from iPhone 5 to samsung Galaxy S5. My question is this. Galaxy is 4G ready so will my existing nano sim be 4g or will I need a new sim and transfer my number across? Thanks
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope all goes well slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Possibly not if you had it with the iP5.
Check if the serial number starts with "4ggp" if so it is a 4G sim, if not, get one from a store or from CS and do a sim swap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Online sim swap process here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It should be 4G, check the numbers on the back and they should incorporate 4G amongst them.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest you might be better off getting a new micro sim anyway to save having to use an adaptor
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Don't know how true it is but a couple of people have said that O2 are only doing Nano sims now and provide an adapter if reqd......?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have told me that s5 is a nano sim? Been trying to get through to them to double check but no luck 😕
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it's a micro sim I believe online may only do nano now and give adaptors but you can still get a micro sim in an O2 store
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'd agree with getting a specific 4G Micro SIM card from the O2 shop if you can. They'll perform the swap of number and tariff ,and should have settled within approx 24 hours.

I use adapters to make my Nano SIM card into a micro sim ,and it's not the best process IMO as sometimes they don't seat right into the sim slot. Although it does sometimes depend on what adapters make someone uses. The O2 shop provides a pack of 2 black plastic ones to make a Nano sim into a micro sim or a standard sim.

I assume you have a 4G Tariff and are in a 4G area. I'm sure you'll enjoy the speeds. If you are tempted to run any Speed Tests take into account they use 40mb+ of Data depending on which test you use to run.

Enjoy your new phone and perhaps you could let us all know how you find it. I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy s5 as a possible next phone. wink
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again for all the help and info 😊 bandofbrothers I will pop a quick review on here when I've had a little play around with it. But in the meantime, off I pop to the O2 store 😉
Message 10 of 13