Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Milton Keynes

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will 4G be going live in Milton Keynes? is there a list of towns and cities planned to get 4G in 2014?

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was in central Milton Keynes today had a bad signal, so I did a signal search an 4G came up. I clicked on it and a message came an went quite fast about my sim. So I went to the O2 shop thinking it was a simple sim swap but no. The lady said we don't have 4G in MK so I showed her on my phone, then she said it might say 4G but you can't use it, why not I said because O2 say you can't. It's not switched on, surely it should be!!

Message 51 of 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There will be a testing phase for engineers before full deployment. It sounds like it's imminent though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

O2 are currently installing 4g in Milton Keynes. To do this the signal is turned on from time to time on low power so you may pick up a signal.

Technically the shop are correct as it isn't live but if you can connect up to it during the test phase then feel free to use it.

4g not far away for you. Note 3g may also be running on lower power whilst this is happening which may affect signal capacity.
Message 53 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply guys that's more help than I got from the spotty teenage in store.
Message 54 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's cos we are better than o2's customer service lol

Seriously happy to help.
Message 55 of 80

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your reply guys that's more help than I got from the spotty teenage in store.

And I think the 'spotty teenager in store' hoped you would come here... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone got any upto date information about the 4g installation in Milton Keynes
Message 57 of 80

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unfortunately o2 don't give out advanced notice but you can keep checking your postcode here for any info http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 58 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has the 4G upgrade in Milton Keynes stopped. In January O2 were working on the upgrade but everything seems to have slowed or come to a full stop. I can't even get a 4G signal in the area of the mast anymore. The 3G an 2G signal are getting worse in the area as well.
Message 59 of 80

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We don't know anymore than you do, mate.

Currently using:
Message 60 of 80