Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Milton Keynes

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will 4G be going live in Milton Keynes? is there a list of towns and cities planned to get 4G in 2014?

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

In my experience salesmen will tell you anything to secure a contract. Even O2 won't tell us a roll out schedule so don't believe anything you are told instore. I would be writing to the complaints team with regards to the misinformation. Link in my signature.

Message 41 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
😒 okay.

No one was with you or another one of the shops employees were also engaged in the conversation ?

If not ..... then yes I'm afraid.
Message 42 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I put my post code in the status page I can't see any work on a mast in MK. I'm an mk6 post code
Message 43 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing in the planned but at the bottom ?

Take into account it does refresh on the hour I believe.

You can download the MYNETWORK App and use that took to report what's happening.
Message 44 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having just taken out a 2 year O2 contract I'm very disappointed by the comments here - I had O2 about 2.5 years ago and the service everywhere was excellent - I then went with Vodafone and have suffered the worst service I have ever had for 2.5 years.

Fear I am horrified to find out that O2 have given over their 4G project to vodafone to handle in MK. If it's true, we may as well give up now - can anybody from O2 confirm this is what has happened?

Message 45 of 80

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have a Google for the "Cornerstone Project" which should answer your questions......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 80

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone have 4G in MK I believe so why can't we tag onto there network if O2 an Vodafone are working together
Message 48 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
They share masts but have their own separate equipment on them I believe
Message 49 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous is absolutely correct. O2 and Voda share thousands but not all of their masts as part of the Beacon project.

This means that share the mast but not the signal or transmission equipment on it. For that they have their own.
Message 50 of 80