Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Milton Keynes

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will 4G be going live in Milton Keynes? is there a list of towns and cities planned to get 4G in 2014?

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read the post and it sort of suggested it but didn't confirm so was clarifying.
Message 21 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the replies all!
to confirm  i have a full 3g signal but it doesnt work at all for data, sometimes texts.
i work for a large company here and just in my team there are around 7 of us with no connection at all, also o2 provide our company mobiles so many are missing emails,messages etc.
luckily i remembered to pay for my parking this morning while still at home on wifi as the second i got into the town centre i couldnt load anything at all.
I will definitely be taking the formal complaint route, not that i expect anything to be done.
as it stands I will have to leave o2 the second my contract finishes which is a shame as i had years of service with no problems but the last several months has been unbearable.

Message 22 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

just an update, well lack of really!

service has gotten worse, i have no 3g signal at all now (hoping it means they are actually fixing the fault?!)

i cannot load anything, text messages are not sending or being received. this was the case all day yesterday (right through to 7pm when i was in a different part of town!) and since i got to central milton keynes at 8:45 this morning.

so many people in my office are fuming about this now and many have an o2 blackberry for work and they are missing emails/calls/meeting requests.

i can only imagine how many complaint  cases they must have open for people in milton keynes right now!

Message 23 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of a bump as I have now ordered my iPhone 6 and was informed we are meant to be getting 4G in Milton Keynes by November. Reading back through the posts and checking the Vodafone website it shows nothing.

Anyone able to shed any light on this or heard anything similar from o2 employees on the phone or in store?

Message 24 of 80

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It will just happen as O2 don't inform anyone as and when an area will be upgarded. I don't even think the staff members who post here on a personal basis can help with this.

Message 25 of 80

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Fulch,

As jonsie rightly says, we dont have any firm dates on improvements unfortunately. I shall keep asking however and if I learn of any news, I shall update you all.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issues as some of you in Milton Keynes, phone showing four bars of 3G coverage but internet connection is really slow.

I called O2 customer service last night to find out why the service status of the masts in central Milton Keynes shows as "high service demand in this area" and they informed me that the masts in central Milton Keynes are currently being upgraded to support 4G, with a completion date of 8th October 2014.

Has anyone else heard that 4G on O2 in Milton Keynes is imminent?

Message 27 of 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
We've not heard but fingers crossed for you and do let us know slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in central MK, and just got this sms:

"O2: O2 4G is here. And we're giving you access at no extra cost from 1 October. After this date, visit http://s.o2.co.uk/got4G/7urM8m to find out how to get set up and start using 4G. Check the My O2 app to keep track of your data. Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220"

After going to the link, there is a bit that says "If your message from us said 'O2 4G is here' it means O2 4G coverage is available in the post code you registered with us". So, by this logic, 4G should now be available in Milton Keynes 🙂 To add to this, both myself and my partner have also recently been experiencing real difficulty with O2 3G signal in CMK, though it seems to have settled down in the last couple of days... Roll on tomorrow!

Message 29 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great news !

Fingers crossed for you.

With a 4G tariff , 4G SIM card and 4G compatible phone speeds can be amazing.
Message 30 of 80