cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Europe's Oil Capital

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working in Aberdeen which is well known as Europe's oil capital with all the world's major energy producing and support companies here. With top buisness men and women from all over the globe visit here for meetings and ceminars regularly. 

Aberdeen 4G = Non existent!!  Don't even get 3G.

I regularly visit Livingston near Edinburgh, which is only famous for it's shopping centre.

Livingston 4G = 4 signal bars with download speed in excess of 34mbps on my last test and uploads of 22mbps.

Justification of this state of affairs??  Obviously shopping and the retail sector is more importiant to the economy in o2's eyes than that of the oil & gas industry.

Answers on a postcard please.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news.

Thanks for sharing that info.

Where did you get it from.
Message 21 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Without even a hint of an announcement from O2....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 42

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good new @Anonymous slight_smile

...and even better news that you are still around, it's been a whileHandshake

Message 23 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have only just began the rollout. Once they have approximately 60% of this completed they will add in the predicted coverage to the checker and usually make an announcement to make customers aware. 
However, masts are turned on as and when they are ready so customers may find they have a 4G signal before it's availability becomes 'official' slight_smile

Message 24 of 42

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good to know, thanks slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally, I got a text from O2 a few days ago saying that they were upgrading the network in Aberdeen so there would be some disruption to the service. FINALLY!!
Message 26 of 42

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally, I got a text from O2 a few days ago saying that they were upgrading the network in Aberdeen so there would be some disruption to the service. FINALLY!!

I had to leave O2 to get decent 4G:smileysad:

Message 27 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I truly hope the works being carried out to upgrade help. 😄
Message 28 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently , from a telecom insider, this was upgrading some 2g sites due to poor signals recently?!
Message 29 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, O2 have taken too long and there silence didn't help - Customer Services cannot confirm/deny any upgrades ingiing in Aberdeen so I waved bye bye after many years, I am now receiving improved signals and of course 4G 😁😄😁
Message 30 of 42