cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Europe's Oil Capital

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working in Aberdeen which is well known as Europe's oil capital with all the world's major energy producing and support companies here. With top buisness men and women from all over the globe visit here for meetings and ceminars regularly. 

Aberdeen 4G = Non existent!!  Don't even get 3G.

I regularly visit Livingston near Edinburgh, which is only famous for it's shopping centre.

Livingston 4G = 4 signal bars with download speed in excess of 34mbps on my last test and uploads of 22mbps.

Justification of this state of affairs??  Obviously shopping and the retail sector is more importiant to the economy in o2's eyes than that of the oil & gas industry.

Answers on a postcard please.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why as they'd still want the custom up here independence or not?

Message 11 of 42

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Possibly, but if we become a foriegn country, the Ofcom requirements for coverage may become null and void, so why invest millions when they might not need to, or on something they may never get a return on?

Further, Mr Salmond and co may even choose to reissue Scottish spectrum licenses, so lots of variables.

Still it is just rumour and I guess it will all become clearer in 6 months or so.

Sure the newtorks will have contingency plans in the event of a Yes vote.

ewan

Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
That would make sense actually
Message 13 of 42

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

4G or not 4G, that is the question.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does O2 / Telefonica have any update for rollout plans for 4G in Aberdeen? All other providers have their presence in the city. In the absence of any O2 plans, is it time to change provider??

Come on O2, engage with your customers . . .
Message 15 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

In afraid O2 do not / will not give out planned rollout for 4G areas.

It's a case of checking your mast status and here and https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates?lte
Message 16 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The way things are going with other areas you will be the first to know.
We can't figure out why, but O2 are not giving any advanced notice at all 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 42

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If only they would let people know....for some it would be a deal maker/breaker at upgrade time slight_frown

Message 18 of 42

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I know jonsie - It's insane !!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news, O2 began work on rolling out 4G in Aberdeen on Monday 20th Oct slight_smile

Message 20 of 42