O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
sarah_woodward

3G Internet connection problems on Xperia X10

Hi, I recently bought a sony ericsson Xperia X10 and at first it was connecting to the internet no problem at all. Then after about a day i started having connection problems. Sometimes it would connect, sometimes it wouldnt. Its still hit and miss as to whether or not i can get internet access. I live in central london so i highly doubt the problem is to do with signal or network coverage however, i just cant figure out what might be causing this to happen. I have a pay monthly 3G ready sim card with unlimited internet access as part of my contract package so why would i be having these problems connecting? I have tried turning airplane mode on and off etc but still even then, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Previous to getting my X10 i had an iphone and was using the same sim card with that phone too. I also with the iphone experienced the same problems connecting to the internet so therefore i am fairly sure the problem is o2 related, not phone related. Does anyone know what is wrong or how i can fix this?? Thanks, Sarah
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 951
Solutions: 1,018

Sounds like the network congestion problem too many users on the 3g network try turning 3g off and see if you can at least connect over the old 2g data network (gprs or edge).
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
sarah_woodward

This may sound like a silly question but do you have any idea how to turn 3G off on an X10? As its new ive not yet fully come to grasp all of its features etc and i cant find the 3G off button..... I can only find airplane mode :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 951
Solutions: 1,018

sorry cannot help there it is a long time since I had a sony ericsson
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
davidfromlondon

Do not buy an X10 if you are thinking of getting one. I have nothing but trouble with mine and lose signal/connection/3g all day long. I live and work in Central London! Several times friends or colleagues have asked to see it in action and I say how quick the internet and processor speed is but then errors come up connection drops. I am not anti SE and have had 3 or 4 of them in the past. Plus the texting/key pad could be better. I hate Iphones and hoped this phone lived up to the hype but it doesn’t. I am now stuck in an 18 month contract with a phone that does not work. Overal 5/10 mainly because connection drops off 20/30 times a day and I cannot receive calls etc. So close. Yet so far.
Please use plain text.
neil11172

Re: 3G Internet connection problems on Xperia X10

I totally agree with 'davidfromlondon' i hate my phone. tried to connect to net loads of time and the network/connection is crap. totally dissatisfied and what do O2 say? try this try that... when they know nothing going to cure it. This WILL be my final contract with O2. I was on 3 previous and was with them for 5 years. Thuoght there network was bad back in early days but O2 take the p**s!!!!
Please use plain text.