cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£15 big bundle... too much to use !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following on from a post I made in 2/7/14, I have £15 big bundle but the allowance is way too much for me to use, and most of it is wasted. T&Cs seemt to suggest that on the anniversary date, they will try to take £15 off my balance and give me the 2000 texts, 200 mins and 1GB data, but if there isn't £15 on my account, then I'll be charged their 'normal' rate. I don't use the phone much - in the first month I used only 25 mins of the 200 mins, 25 of the 2000 texts and 600 Mb of the 1Gb, and I only used that much because I was away on holiday ! If I top up with only £10, will this then allow me to use the phone but be charged at standard rates ? Will I have access to 4G or be 'limited' to 3G ?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you would only have your bundle allowances refreshed when you top up with £15.

You could change to another bundle tariff if 4g is not a deal breaker.

£10 big bundle.

Monthly cost£10

Minutes100
Texts1000
Data500MB on 3G

Plus you get…Free: Priority and O2 Wifi

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you would only have your bundle allowances refreshed when you top up with £15.

You could change to another bundle tariff if 4g is not a deal breaker.

£10 big bundle.

Monthly cost£10

Minutes100
Texts1000
Data500MB on 3G

Plus you get…Free: Priority and O2 Wifi
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think topping up with £10 would automatically switch you to that particular bundle. So the credit would be taken, still on your anniversary date.

£10100minutes1000 texts500MB data
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonsie I'm not so sure it does switch tariffs auto.

Imagine what someone on a payg tariff that is no longer available to new customers would react if their tariff was auto changed because they had only topped up enough to be charged the standard rates and then wouldn't be able to return to it.

When I've only done this my tariff was not changed automatically.
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully not, perhaps then you have to be physically changed to that tariff via My O2/customer service?

I know on the old tariffs which were tiered, you got the allowances determined solely by the amount you topped up ie.I'm still on text & web on my backup sim and my allowances are determined on the amount I top up between anniversary dates.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I've topped up on my Pay as you go go go tariff but not enough to pay for the refresh it says in Bold Text "no allowances" after the tariff name on mine.
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what has happened with me yes when I've been late topping up the full amount , been charged standard rates until I topped up the full amount and then my anniversary date just adjusted to suite my New top up date and the tariff just started again.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Backed up by the T&Cs here so you're right @Anonymous  :

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions

3. When we take the first month's payment for your Big Bundle, you will receive your inclusive monthly allowances which will be valid up until midnight of the day before your monthly anniversary date which will be one calendar month later. When your monthly anniversary date arrives, we will attempt to take the next month's payment, and if successful, you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances. If we can't take payment, then you will not receive a new set of inclusive monthly allowances.

Message 9 of 9