cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£130 charged to 21 apps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi peeples, hope you can help......My girlfriend has been charged 130+vat on top of her pay monthly charge. This is shown on her bill as 21 various charges to "APP". Does anyone know how we can find out what these" APPS" are. It will not show on her phone any more details about the transactions... thanks.......oh and does anyone know if she would be able to break down the bill whilst still keeping her contract running, or will o2 cut off service until its cleared......thanks again

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
a text is sent when you use charge to bill, so surely OPs GF would have spotted this quickly. Might it be internet settings incorrectly installed? leaving the handset to connect the network but noting be counted towards the allowance?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Data would stop once the allowance has been used. The fact that charges are stated as APP would point to being used either by in-game purchases or charge to mobile. If a teenager has been using the phone it's as well to get clarification from customer services exactly what the charges are in relation to.

Message 12 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Yes exactly my point. Obviously no notifications were received as the OP said his GF only noticed the charges when she checked her bill on here.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

In app purchases, that always catches parents out

Message 14 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If there's a possibility that someone could access your phone without permisssion, be it child or adult, lock your phone with a PIN or a password, or a pattern. How many times have we advised this?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
C2M can have a pin confirmation set too as well as a screen lock pin.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most companies are normally really good with coming up with a repayment plan that suits both you and the company, if I were your other half I would call o2 and explain how upset you are that this has happened and you're not sure where it has come from. 

Normally when you make purchases from an APP you recieve an Email from some where like Google/apple with a receipt. 

Maybe your other half could go on to her play store, check through all the apps she has installed that have in app purchases and see if she can find anything.

You could try and ask o2 to wave the fee as they will understand thats A LOT of money for a bill. They might take some money off for you! Don't give up and accept the first offer Smiley Very Happy

Also as long as you keep in contact with o2 regarding not paying the full amount they shouldn't cut your line off!

Good luck!

Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous O2 will not waive the fee, they may set up an installment plan but the phone won't be fully operational until the account is settled or they will want it paid in full & a reconnection fee & still won't be useable until it's all pAid up

Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Indeed, they may waive a few quid if it was a genuine one off error, but not £130 !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I see @Anonymous , I know otherwise as a friend of mine had his fee waived before as they understood it had happened by mistake. How times change eh 😉

I know another company that has waved a few of a good few hundred before, if you've got the gift of the gab than use it as it works! Helps being Female I must add lol
Message 20 of 28