cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£130 charged to 21 apps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi peeples, hope you can help......My girlfriend has been charged 130+vat on top of her pay monthly charge. This is shown on her bill as 21 various charges to "APP". Does anyone know how we can find out what these" APPS" are. It will not show on her phone any more details about the transactions... thanks.......oh and does anyone know if she would be able to break down the bill whilst still keeping her contract running, or will o2 cut off service until its cleared......thanks again

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

They sound like charge to mobile items. You can call customer service to get this switched off.

http://www.o2.co.uk/chargetomobile

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/apps-and-in-app-purchases

They can also set up a payment plan but she would be unable to use the phone until the bill is paid.

Ask them exactly what the charges relate to.

Message 2 of 28

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yeah, best to get cs to explain the charges as it could be anything....
She must know if she'd purchased something though, especially that much?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must have known what she was buying on or clicking on, basically call cs & see what they relate to but you will need to pay the bill plus a reconnecting fee to use the network again on your phone 

Message 4 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

I don't believe the OP's girlfriend's phone has been disconnected yet.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 28

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

No it hasn't and if she needs a repayment plan there won't be a reconnection fee.

Message 6 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

It certainly sounds as if she has bought via Charge to Mobile. Whether inadvertently or not, they have been bought and will need to be paid for. Contacting CS and explaining the circumstances is the only option. Let's hope someone is feeling helpful...and sympathetic slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

she's not one for using apps so she knows she hasnt bought anything, it is possible her 13 yr old son has a hand in it but we need to know what the app was to be certain. All the charges were made between 26jan -5feb and the bill is not yet due. A chance viewing on the o2 site was the first she knew of the charges...   😕 

Message 8 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Oh @Anonymous the plot thickens (or becomes clearer with the mention of her 13 year old son). He may be innocent but we have seen this happen before when children have access to their parents phones. I do hope you get it sorted soon..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 28

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Sounds like he may have been playing games and clicked on in-app purchases.

Message 10 of 28