cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100MB of DATA ?? is this a Joke ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there People..

Ok So as Toby Knows I've just got Rid of my Iphone 3GS & Got an Iphone 5 Now.

I'm on Pay&Go Unlimited. Now I Top up £15 a Month & get Free Calls to o2 People & Unlimted Text.(Fair Use) with 100MB Data.

Now O2 as the Tech these days to know the type of phone your on & using on a daily Basis Right. So I Can Understand giving 100MB of data to people not on Smartphones.

But when we put the Sim in & it reports back to o2 that your using an Iphone o2 should know this by now & understand that 100MB of data for smartphone users is no where near enough.

So We have to buy Bolt ons, And that's going to cost us anywhere from £5-6 A Month to £10 a Month.

I Just Think it's time for o2 to alter there tariffs for Pay&GO customers who set them selfs up with an Iphone & when they detect someone is on a Smartphone then they have Separate Tariffs for these users.

Because to give an iphone user a 100MB is a joke really. Where others get between 500MB to a 1GB of data. Ok If i was on another Tariff other than Unlimited I may have more than 100MB. But to give someone an Unlimited Tariff with free calls to o2 & Unlimited text

( All within the fair use policy ) but cap there data at 100MB defeats the name Unlimited.

Then I find out they took a £1 off my credit & give me 50MB of data with out my Concent, Now that to me as over stepped the line, O2 should of consulted with me prior to taking the cash & charging me.

So what other options do I have other than to pay an extra £5-10 a Month for data ? 

I've spent I think a Pound on 3 calls trying to get hold of someone to talk to about this & text chat to 802802 & it keeps telling me there's no chat sessions.

I would like to talk over the phone to someone Please, how can we make this happen ?

Thanks

Ok Guys lol Rant Over... lol

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

@bandofbrothers

MI5 Now that's what I'm talking about, that app would be cool. what's the name of it please, I'll see if anyone as or know's anything like it for iphone..

BandofBrothers..

I Know right, that would be a really nice feature to have & Totally agreed mate Android Ppfft lol

@Grantley23

Yes AMY Mentoned the Sim Only Deals on the phone, So maybe this is something I'll look into.

@MI5 lol ecosystem.. Now Now!!!

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Here you go mate. Have a look at automateit or tasker

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not aware of anything like that for a stock iPhone.

slight_frown

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

On normal WiFi (not free WiFi where you have to sign in etc) you should find your phone remains connected all the time even when asleep. This is because using WiFi for data actually uses less power due to the general lower response times and faster data rates.

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

On normal WiFi (not free WiFi where you have to sign in etc) you should find your phone remains connected all the time even when asleep. This is because using WiFi for data actually uses less power due to the general lower response times and faster data rates.

Not on an iPhone. Unfortunately Apple don't see fit to allow that option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Nice Man.. Thanks for them two links...

@bandofbrothers

[quote]

I'm not aware of anything like that for a stock iPhone.

[/quote]

Agreed, Well not unless your jail Broken.. which I'm not ready to do on this Model just yet.. anyhow, Can't as there's no Untethered Break on IOS 7** yet.

@Brandscill

Nah mate.. on Iphone it will switch off your WIFI duing sleep to save power. so then your using data again duing the sleep times.

@to Everyone.

Thanks Guys for all your replys.. It's been an insight & a great help.

although I'm somewhat tempted to give bandofbrothers tariff a go..

I might go for a Sim only deal as I've been offered this..

700Mins free to any Network,

500 Mins to o2 customs

& 7500MB Data

that's for £16 a week, £1 More than I'm paying now. & that to me sounds Great as I'm not a heavy talker anyway. I'm more of a Whatsapp and Viber user.

Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I hope it's £16 a MONTH slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're most welcome.

It's all down to choice and individual needs.

I would not personally go for a tethered jail break. Your iPhone turns off and it will remain off until you hook up to a PC.

I've always opted for the un tethered personally. wink
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

what you think to this Guys 

Ok So it's not FREE, But this is why I'm asking, just in case someone as used it, or Heard of it

& if it's any good..

MI5 give us two names for apps that he as used or knows of, so I thought of trying to find an Iphone version, whit out any luck, but came up with the one above..

<<<<EDIT>>>>

Darn it. I just noticed it's for Jail Broken iphones Only 😞 Not Cool lol

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It looks similar and you get a free trial, so give it a go and if no good, just dump it....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 22