cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100MB of DATA ?? is this a Joke ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there People..

Ok So as Toby Knows I've just got Rid of my Iphone 3GS & Got an Iphone 5 Now.

I'm on Pay&Go Unlimited. Now I Top up £15 a Month & get Free Calls to o2 People & Unlimted Text.(Fair Use) with 100MB Data.

Now O2 as the Tech these days to know the type of phone your on & using on a daily Basis Right. So I Can Understand giving 100MB of data to people not on Smartphones.

But when we put the Sim in & it reports back to o2 that your using an Iphone o2 should know this by now & understand that 100MB of data for smartphone users is no where near enough.

So We have to buy Bolt ons, And that's going to cost us anywhere from £5-6 A Month to £10 a Month.

I Just Think it's time for o2 to alter there tariffs for Pay&GO customers who set them selfs up with an Iphone & when they detect someone is on a Smartphone then they have Separate Tariffs for these users.

Because to give an iphone user a 100MB is a joke really. Where others get between 500MB to a 1GB of data. Ok If i was on another Tariff other than Unlimited I may have more than 100MB. But to give someone an Unlimited Tariff with free calls to o2 & Unlimited text

( All within the fair use policy ) but cap there data at 100MB defeats the name Unlimited.

Then I find out they took a £1 off my credit & give me 50MB of data with out my Concent, Now that to me as over stepped the line, O2 should of consulted with me prior to taking the cash & charging me.

So what other options do I have other than to pay an extra £5-10 a Month for data ? 

I've spent I think a Pound on 3 calls trying to get hold of someone to talk to about this & text chat to 802802 & it keeps telling me there's no chat sessions.

I would like to talk over the phone to someone Please, how can we make this happen ?

Thanks

Ok Guys lol Rant Over... lol

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Data is the most expensive part of a tariff for o2 to supply.

I'm on Pay As You Go Go Go 20.

500 minutes.

Unlimited texts.

1gb.

I sometimes add a bolt on with 500mb data.

Part of the terms is the £1 web daily if you exhaust your monthly allowance and do not add a bolt on and leave mobile data turned on in your phone.

I always try to use wifi where I can too.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How many minutes a month do you use? I've a feeling a different tariff would be more suitable for you....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Data is the most expensive part of a tariff for o2 to supply.

I'm on Pay As You Go Go Go 20.

500 minutes.

Unlimited texts.

1gb.

I sometimes add a bolt on with 500mb data.

Part of the terms is the £1 web daily if you exhaust your monthly allowance and do not add a bolt on and leave mobile data turned on in your phone.

I always try to use wifi where I can too.

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm well not to sure really I just got off the phone with them & because it's a new sim, they don't have any Telemetry at the moment from my usage.
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bandofbrothers

Well I've just got off the phone after the 4th time of trying & Spoke to a Nice Girl called Amy.

Most of my mates are 02 users, so Were still keeping the Unlimited for the free calls to o2 people & free text.

And there going to add a 500MB bolt on of data, But i've only £5 on my account left & I mentioned to Amy that toby as a £5 dicount offer for me, but she could not contact him,

So she as left a note on my account, so if toby can gain access he can read the note amy as left & if he can add the £5 also then i can get my 500MB of data.

But I'm still not sure that's going to be enough for an iphone user.. I mean you have 1Gb of data, & I do turn it off when i remember when round wifi.. But it's the remembering bit lol

I wish there was an app, that would turn data off when your around wifi spots you have marked the app to turn data off around. lol now that would be cool.

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Code,

It becomes a habit to turn mobile data off at home to use home wifi because if you don't your iPhone will revert to 3G when it goes into sleep mode to save on battery !

@Toby will be along i'm sure to help you.

Remember to remove any Bolt On or it will refresh on its anniversary date ,and take credit from your payg account.

Also any remaining allowance will not roll over into the next month.

I use the internet heavily on my iPhone 5 and can usually get by with 1gb of data.

I do sometimes catch myself thinking shall I watch that youtube video or movie clip which spoils the experience.

I also do not have certain specs turned on my iPhone such as App refresh, and I update my apps at home whilst on Wifi.

Useful Link : http://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/spending_saving/2012/11/16/10_ways_to_cut_your_mobi...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/High-data-usage-on-iphone-5/m-p/513836#M1...

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Aha, now if you had an android phone there is an app that will turn on/off wifi for you in predetermined locations and also turn on/off mobile data too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Aha, now if you had an android phone there is an app that will turn on/off wifi for you in predetermined locations and also turn on/off mobile data too slight_smile

A good feature to have.

Still going to say , Android..... pppfffftttttt whatever !!

wink

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want more data then O2 offer some great sim only deals, maybe worth looking at them or if you prefer pay and go ,then pay and go go go gives you more data, it gets better through time if you have been on o2 more then 3 months then you can move straight to the double tarrif, 150 mins, 1000 texts 500mb data for only £10 per month. 

Hope this helps slight_smile 

Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

A good feature to have.

Still going to say , Android..... pppfffftttttt whatever !!

wink

LOL, enjoy your "ecosystem" Smiley Very Happy

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22