O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
welshguywxm

£1 charges taken off to daily usage

Hello, i've just bought an iphone 3g, had to have new sim card, on the simplicity tariff, £5 for unlimited texts,
when i put the card into phone a message from O2 came on saying for £1 i can use net for one day, something like that and took a pound off my balance,
something like this happened when i put the old sim card in and O2 told me to turn the push button off which i have,
Does anyone know what i mean and how do i stop this thing taking £1 off me everytime, Just want to text and use home wifi for the net
New to smart phones, last one was a nokia 6230i, simple but couldnt sent emails on that either,lol,
Thanks if anyone can help
Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 24

Re: £1 charges taken off to daily usage

The phone you have bought is designed to be constantly connected to the internet. As you do not have a data bolt on O2 will charge you up to a maximum of £1 each day for internet usage over the network.
You need to go into settings >general >network and turn Cellular Data to OFF
It will still work with your WiFi
To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
welshguywxm

Thanks, dont see Cellular settings on my phone, I have Mobile settings I take it thats the same thing,, turned it off,
Mobiile Data Network do I leave that as it is? dont seem to be able to turn it off
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 953
Solutions: 1,018

in older version of ios that option is not available go in to the apns and edit them out save it then restart iphone
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Ian_Fredson

Hello, i've just bought an iphone 3g, had to have new sim card, on the simplicity tariff, £5 for unlimited texts,
when i put the card into phone a message from O2 came on saying for £1 i can use net for one day, something like that and took a pound off my balance,
something like this happened when i put the old sim card in and O2 told me to turn the push button off which i have,
Does anyone know what i mean and how do i stop this thing taking £1 off me everytime, Just want to text and use home wifi for the net
New to smart phones, last one was a nokia 6230i, simple but couldnt sent emails on that either,lol,
Thanks if anyone can help
Please use plain text.
welshguywxm

Thanks have done that and not been charged today so hopefully all ok now,
Thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
TheMegaIdiot

Ensure you aren't allowing your phone to connect to the internet without you knowing.
Please use plain text.