O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

ace
Level 1: Joiner
ace

02 surprises

hi
Monday Jan 26th spent 20 quid topping up my mobile.
received my code within an hour of the top up. Went online as required to check my "surprise". Have been trying to enter the code and play the game ever since then. Either the main 02 Surprises page is blank or when you do manage to get in the game cannot be played, as the fishing rod does not connect with the duck, (or any duck for that matter) So no "surprise" there then.
What's happening 02 ? why offer an incentive to your customers when you cannot deliver ?
ACE
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
lovattj

02 surprises

Try the non-flash version at
http://topupsurprises.o2.co.uk/nonflash/

where you don't have to go and click on a duck, you just get the surprises. If playing the gold game, you still get to choose between 2.
Please use plain text.
sake

O2 Surprises

I sympathise with your comments. On a number of occasions I have been sent my gold surprise code only to find that either I can't access the site or by the time I finally manage to access the site the code has expired. The idea is great but as someone who regularly travels overseas, it is a bit frustrating to spend so much on my calls, etc., and then not be able to get some benefit from the 'surprises.' Surely, the surprise code expiry period could be extended and/or some of the surprises could be redeemed at a later date (e.g., 3 days of free calls to UK mobiles that is immediately activated is only of use if you are actually in-country to use it)? Any one else had similar frustrations?
Please use plain text.
Ryn-chan

02 surprises

Yes, I find the 'prizes' to be mostly useless as well - like 500 free texts (or however many) when I just topped up £30 and get unlimited free texts anyway!

Also, if I top up £30 I only get one surprise, if I top up £15 twice do I get to do it twice? It seems so, though I keep forgetting to try it.

I'm beginning to wonder if O2 are having some serious problems - I've been an on/off customer for a fairly long time and they've usually been pretty good, but in the last few weeks I've had a number of technical difficulties that, although little more than a minor annoyance, are really quite irritating. Like my Surprises code not coming through yesterday >.>
Please use plain text.
crewmeal

It's a con

I won 50 extra minutes by 'catching the ducks' However you have 24 hours to use them or lose them. Considering I live in Jordan and can't make calls anywhere on PAYG the whole thing is a waste of time and is a con!
Please use plain text.
Bev
Bev

ripoff!

I just got my first "surprise"

hooked a duck, got 100 free texts - great!!! Until it tells you that they have to be used by TUESDAY!!!! (sunday today) - thats ridiculous!!!! 100 texts in 2 days - they obviously think i have nothing better to do.

what a pile of RUBBISH!!!
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Anonymous

02 surprises

what a pile of RUBBISH!!!

mmmmmm they are free, gratis, cost you nothing, 100 texts = £10. I dont know you just cant please some people :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Anonymous

02 surprises

Considering I live in Jordan and can't make calls anywhere on PAYG the whole thing is a waste of time and is a con!

Con? lets explore this,
a con is where you pay for something and dont get what you pay for. If you topped up by £10 and got £9.99, then that would be a con. getting something for free as well as your £10 that cant be considered a con. just cos you cant use them because you dont live in the UK doesnt constitute a con. No-one makes you use O2 in jordan.............or do they?
Please use plain text.
crewmeal

02 surprises

No-one makes you use O2 in jordan.............or do they?

Yes because I don't want to loose my number which I have had since GSM first started. Before wasting time they should say that you have only a short time to use these gifts.

If you are on PAYG, don't ask me why but you cannot make calls if you live in the Middle East. You can receive and make txt messages.
Please use plain text.
caroline5299

02 surprises

to be honest i am really annoyed with everything about o2 at the minute, my wap connection is the worst ever ive been shopping around and would like to say to everyone that orange has some great deals at the minute, a few people i no have been with them for years and would highly reccomend them so im seriously considering say sod off o2!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.