• 0 Solutions
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @richieb10 Not sure of the meaning of that 'short code' 23444 you typed?

A google search shows a variety of things from a bug on IE.... a 'video of sorts' on You tube and even the code number for an air compressor!

However with reference to your post title, No.... O2 don't appear to have loyalty for their long term customers.....but thats pretty much the same across the board with most companies.. Personally they serve me well and I have very few complaints

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I haven't the slightest idea what 23444 means, but as far as the subject of the thread goes, O2's loyalty scheme ended a long time ago. Their policy now is to treat new customers the same as old. The only way to get them to show a modicum of loyalty is to call Customer Service before your contract expires and tell them you're thinking of leaving for another network. It then becomes a luck of the draw experience as to whether the CS person you speak to is in a good mood, and offers you enough to make you want to renew or take out a new contract.

If you decide that what they're offering isn't good enough, and you do want to leave, make sure the network you plan to move to can provide equal or better coverage in the places you frequent most than what you get being with O2. The best mobile deal in the world is useless without decent coverage. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every deal is the same now for new & existing customers, it's called a fair deal
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest I'm not sure any company shows loyalty these days, certainly not the same loyalty shown by customers. As ever, go with the network that has the best coverage in your normal areas of living, working and travel and gives you the best tariff to suit your needs at a price you are willing to pay.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
But you can get loyalty discounts from O2.
If you talk or live chat with re-contracts they can offer you discounts or bill credits as sweeteners wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mainly when wanting to leave but yes I have a loyalty discount which was good enough to persuade me to stay.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
True, all mine have been received after asking for a PAC and getting transferred to the re-contract team.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got mine through O2 recycle & the amounts were added to my bill
Message 9 of 9