cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LG G4 was having a problem with holding it's charge, as it was still in warranty only being owned for less than a year I took it into store. I was told they'd send it off the next day as it was a sunday, which was fine. The woman told me that it'd usually take about 5 days to repair, and that I would be notified when the repair centre had recieved the phone. I was not offered a replacement phone, and she didn't mention or ask if I'd need one at all.

After 4 days of waiting, and checking the tracker link I was given which seemed to be broken as it just wouldnt load at all each time, I decided to ring. I was told it had arrived at the repair centre, and that they should have contacted me to say this, after 48 hours it should be ready to be sent back and I should be contacted again.

This didnt happen. After over a week or no contact or word about my phone I rang again. This time to be told that my phone never arrived at the repair centre, and they dont know where it is. When I brang up the fact that I was told it had, and came up on the system as being at the repair centre last time I rang, I was told thats not true and not sure why I was told that. The person was then going to look into it and ring the mail courier to see where the phone was as it seems its not just my phone thats gone missing.

I got a call back about 10 minutes later saying that the phone HAD arrived at the repair centre, and been signed for. But the issue now being that the repair centre is claiming they didnt recieve it. So inbetween being signed for and arriving at the repair centre, its gone missing. At this point im seriously annoyed as I need this phone for work. I was told the guy would look into this, and ring me back the next morning once he's chased up the repair centre and tried to get to the bottom of this. I've now kept a note of the times of my calls, and who I spoke to. But I fear I'm not actually going to get my phone back now at this point, and 02 have lost it completly. 

What do I do?!

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Keep calling cs until they sort it.
If it's lost they will replace it, simple as that.
You may also wish to complain officially.
Complaints process is on this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 48

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
That's it,keep calling.but I think you should put a complaint in.You have been without a phone and I'm sure your paying for it aswell.They should be replacing it and compensating you.
Message 3 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This is seriously annoying for you and you should not have to be without a phone for this length of time. Sadly the onus is on you to keep chasing it up and make 'a nuisance of yourself'....

You certainly should put a complaint in whilst continuing to phone CS. ...If/when you get your phone back you would be wise to check it is actually yours. Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 48

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yep definitely keep on at them, you might even want to Google the CEO of O2 Ronan Dunn and find his email address (we can't give it out, only point you in the right direction) and send his office an email. You'll get a reply from his staff and hopefully will give your case a bit of a kick up the butt...

Good luck, please come back and let us know the outcome.
Message 5 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the adivce! Currently I've been ringing back nearly everyday trying to find out about my phone. So far I've been told the matter is being escalated further, and will let me know as soon as they do what happens. I had a phonecall this evening (20 minutes before there store then closed) regarding news of my phone, but as my current phone I've had to burrow off my bf is a very bad line, I couldnt make out what the staff member was saying apart from the odd sentence mentioning in a few working days. I asked them to email me what it is thats now happening, which they said they would. 20 minutes later the store has now shut and I'm yet to have a email!!!

Message 6 of 48

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Call the store back first thing in the morning to find out exactly what's happening.

Message 7 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Getting more than ridiculous now ....they are simply stalling...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 48

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Any news on this @Anonymous ?

Let us know how you get on.
Message 9 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just got off the phone from them now, after having to chase them, again. Theyve completly lost the phone and will be sending me a new one in the next 3-4 working days. So thats a good thing, still going to sort putting a complaint in properly today. Although not sure exactly what to say as I've not done one before!

Message 10 of 48