cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LG G4 was having a problem with holding it's charge, as it was still in warranty only being owned for less than a year I took it into store. I was told they'd send it off the next day as it was a sunday, which was fine. The woman told me that it'd usually take about 5 days to repair, and that I would be notified when the repair centre had recieved the phone. I was not offered a replacement phone, and she didn't mention or ask if I'd need one at all.

After 4 days of waiting, and checking the tracker link I was given which seemed to be broken as it just wouldnt load at all each time, I decided to ring. I was told it had arrived at the repair centre, and that they should have contacted me to say this, after 48 hours it should be ready to be sent back and I should be contacted again.

This didnt happen. After over a week or no contact or word about my phone I rang again. This time to be told that my phone never arrived at the repair centre, and they dont know where it is. When I brang up the fact that I was told it had, and came up on the system as being at the repair centre last time I rang, I was told thats not true and not sure why I was told that. The person was then going to look into it and ring the mail courier to see where the phone was as it seems its not just my phone thats gone missing.

I got a call back about 10 minutes later saying that the phone HAD arrived at the repair centre, and been signed for. But the issue now being that the repair centre is claiming they didnt recieve it. So inbetween being signed for and arriving at the repair centre, its gone missing. At this point im seriously annoyed as I need this phone for work. I was told the guy would look into this, and ring me back the next morning once he's chased up the repair centre and tried to get to the bottom of this. I've now kept a note of the times of my calls, and who I spoke to. But I fear I'm not actually going to get my phone back now at this point, and 02 have lost it completly. 

What do I do?!

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Complaints process here if you need it http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will put in an email, thank you for the help!

Message 22 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Keep us updated please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the lack of response, bust at work with the bank holiday. 

Current update on the situation: 

I've been given a new phone, which I picked up in store on saturday, this seemed fine until I open the package, the box stated it was a brown leather LG G4, which was the wrong colour to what I had, to find inside a GOLD Lg, so completly different. I took the phone instore, to which they too found it abit beyond a joke now.  I was told to wait til tues, as they wasnt expecting this phone to arrive in the first place, and was expecting a delivery after the bank holiday. We then realised 02 have never even sold the LG G4 in gold before, and that they don't actually sell the LG G4 at all anymore due to the G5 coming out. I went home in hope that a new phone would arrive to replace this and happy to at least have a working phone again. Then comes another problem, tried to install apps onto the phone, which would flag up as an error code not allowing me to. Tried doing all the troubleshooting problems to but nothing, so back into town I go. 20 minutes later, and having 3 staff memeber help to try and figure out what is wrong with the phone, as its an error message no one has come across before. Eventually it was sorted, and I'm with a phone that can now download apps. I've had a phonecall from the 02 store this morning informing me a correct dolour model hasn't arrived, so theyre now emailing to chase it up again, and sort out the correct phone arriving to me.

I'm still yet to send off a email of complaint due to only finishing exams and uni on the Friday, so this has all happened at an already highgly stressful time! i'm hoping at this point I still can put the complaint in as this drama isn't yet solved!

Message 24 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous well this gets even more annoying. You can continue with a complaint even after the saga is over. However doing it earlier may give those responsible a 'swift kick' to get things sorted more quickly

I hope you get the phone you ordered as soon as possible though..Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 48

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

I wonder if there's anything @Toby could do to help speed things along? Although the store seem to be taking ownership, it sounds as if they're struggling to find the correct back office team or process to adequately resolve this for @Anonymous

If I was in that store I'd be asking the regional leader to authorise termination of the contract, and allow you to upgrade to the G5, apply your student discount and a decent goodwill bill credit for the hassle.

Message 26 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Not sure if this helps, but I have the G4 (in black rather than brown leather) but in the box was also a gold back.
Was there another back cover in the box or was it just the gold one?
If you are looking to put the phone in a case/cover, be careful with the leather backs as some covers can scratch the leather...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PhoneDoc that would be the perfect solution! Is that something they'd be likely to do?

Also @gmarkj no there wasn't any other backs. Even tho the backs do come off, the buttons are the colour of the chosen phone. So the volume buttons are also gold, I know it's only something small but really at this point it's another thing to annoy me!

Message 28 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous what they do is very dependent on the store and it's staff. There is no real policy as such...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Not as easy as I thought then @Anonymous - although the volume/power buttons on the back of mine are a silver/gold sort of colour too. I'd take a picture of them but as they are on the phone it's a little difficult!!
When I get home and have access to another phone/camera I'll take one to show what I mean.

Edited to add - or I could google search and add that...

Mine looks like the one on the right (gold) and I have the black leather back as well, so you would imagine it would look more like the one on the left...

Edited again - and here are pictures of the phones with the leather cases on.

Again, you would imagine that the black leather would have the keys in the middle, but the ones on my phone more closely match the brown leather...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 30 of 48