cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Travel Data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Wanted.

I arrived in Spain on 25 April and have had my Mobile Data Switched Off since. I have been getting Charged by O2 for Travel Data on various (not consecutive) days since at £1.66 a day. My Mobile Data is still Off.

Any Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Alan.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
To opt out of O2 Travel text NOTRAVEL to 23336. You wil then be charged our standard roaming rates. This can take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account. For details of our standard roaming rates, visit o2.co.uk/international.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

Any call or text made will now invoke the travel charge.

Details of changes here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-Travel-Changes-7-4/m-p/953179#U953179

but basicall you get unlimited data, 120 mins to any Eu country and 120 texts.

You text on arrival explained this to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
To opt out of O2 Travel text NOTRAVEL to 23336. You wil then be charged our standard roaming rates. This can take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account. For details of our standard roaming rates, visit o2.co.uk/international.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I presumed that I would be paying the standard European Rate of 3.6p Min Phone and 1.2p per Text as I have Mobile Data Off.

Any ideas why this does not apply and I am being Charged £1.66p?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
It makes no difference if you use data or not anymore.
All explained on the links.
One text home will cost you £1.66 +vat unless you opt out. Details to opt out given above.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Again.

One more question from this Old Guy.

Is a Text/Phone cheaper if I Opt Out?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
If you are only a low user and don't intend to use data at all then yes, you should opt out.
But, data will increase your bill massively so make sure it's off and stays off (you can still use free wifi though if you wish).

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I go to Spain frequently and have opted out. I can call and text using Tu over wifi...as well as using data over wifi. It will be better for me as I am a low user.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
For info, the same rule applies to any EU country, not just Spain.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
For info, the same rule applies to any EU country, not just Spain.

I do know that Rich. I was simply stating that from my personal perspective/experience...Smiley Indifferent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14