cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using 118118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone tell me how much 02 charge for using the 118118 service?

On the website, under Directories Enquiries it says customers are charged £5 per minute.

My friend has a dispute with 118118/02 regarding a call conected to a freephone number, she was indeed charged £5 per minute.

My question is about where the £5/min goes.

118118 are adamant that they take £2.57/min and 02 (I have phoned 202 3 times today) say all £5/min goes to 118118.

After a long (free) talk to 118118 I am inclined to believe them.

By saying 118118 get all the cash, 02 can side-step the issue it seems.

Someone gets the £2.43/min.

I will contact the Regulator 'Phone Pay Plus' but if anyone can shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'll pop that in my phone...never know when I'll need it:smileywink:

Good tip though @Anonymous slight_smile

Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to add you can call the Samaritans on 116123 and it's free from mobile or landline

thank you very much @Anonymous = I didn't know that either = I've made a note to put that number into my mobile

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 22 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to join in with everyone else Jane, A really sensible piece of advice that others would do well to remember...Thanks for pointing that out....:smileywink:

thank you very much @Cleoriff = I was a bit hesitant about sharing that I use the Samaritans Hug

Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries Jane your welcome
Message 24 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No worries Jane your welcome

Thanks for that number @Anonymous I will also put it in my phone! Blimey every days a school day:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to join in with everyone else Jane, A really sensible piece of advice that others would do well to remember...Thanks for pointing that out....:smileywink:

thank you very much @Cleoriff = I was a bit hesitant about sharing that I use the Samaritans Hug

I don't think you need to worry Jane. You tell us what YOU are comfortable with. You have many friends on here lass Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Google is free. Google is your friend. Just type in the name of whatever you're looking for.

@Bambino where I get muddled up is = do you type in the box towards the middle of the laptop screen or in the top box ie where you do the www. etc thingy

I have just been 'messing about' on my laptop & have found 'the phone book' by BT, thank you very much & tested it with a few names Thanks!

btw there is no Bambino listed rofcgu wink

Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait...so when you call 118118 and are transferred to another number, freephone or not, you're still charged at the original call cost? How have they got away with this for so long?
Message 28 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's in their T&C's I guess........ 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Apparently before the call is transferred you hear a recorded message to say how much the call will cost per minute. I've never used 118118, but have read that somewhere.

What's also very strange is that I can see on Google that Damien 1's tip on the Samaritans number is correct, but if you go to the Samaritans website it tells you to call an 0845 number, not the 116 number.

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/charities-awarded-116-numbers/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 30 of 37