cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking o2 android phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone. this post is to ask u how to unlock android phone in order to use it abroad, which ive got from o2.
i have completed the form to unlock it, but it seems it will take at least a week for o2 to reply to me.
is there any faster way u guys can suggest me? with no side-effects of course. (this is because ive read somewhere that some network companies ban a phone that is unlocked in an UNOFFICIAL way)

p.s. can anyone confirm me that only iphones are locked to the first sim it was registered to and not android? it sounds like if this is case my phone is not country locked.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only iPhones bought from CPW are locked to the first sim.

You could try calling customer service and ask them to unlock the phone.

A member here recently got a Samsung unlocked in 6 minutes.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

Have you tried another network sim do see if works?

The timescale for an unlatching code is up to 7 working days, but it's usually faster than that. Probably not 6 minutes but faster:smileywink:

As for the "ban", don't worry it wont happened...but you may void your warranty or if the phone goes for repair they will lock it again.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually only takes a few days but best to wait for the official code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there @Anonymous

The timescale for an unlatching code is up to 7 working days, but it's usually faster than that. Probably not 6 minutes but faster:smileywink:

As for the "ban", don't worry it wont happened...but you may void your warranty or if the phone goes for repair they will lock it again.

You doubt my 6 minute unlock?

Twas impressive.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there @Anonymous

You doubt my 6 minute unlock?

Twas impressive.

Not doubting your 6 minute unlock , just doubting it will happen again...;)

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis is special but it shows how quickly they can do it. All down to the adviser methinks. I have no doubt you are just as efficient when you are taking calls @Anonymous slight_smile

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 8