cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need a new sim due to a new phone can i get all the sizes.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm truly puzzled as to why you would think that? How much do you think a sim card costs, and why would O2 want their customers to have the wrong sized one? If it's the wrong size, then you can't use your phone, and O2 doesn't make money. Your reasoning is a little askew, I think.

If your old sim is 3G only, you need to swap it for a 4G sim, otherwise you will not benefit from the 4G service if you have it in your area. This is obviously just a glitch. If you call again, or go into a store when you're passing one, I'm sure they will provide you with the right sized sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi have a look here and choose the one you want

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards

If payg then you can have a look here https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
O2 now supply triple sim cards which cover all the sizes currently in use.
You just push out the size you need.
Any O2 shop can give you one of these and transfer your tariff over at the same time.
There is no charge for this service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

The statement above about everyone receiving a triple SIM every time is patently untrue.

I received a SIM card with my new LG G4 phone that could be removed but was an old style large SIM card that was too big for my phone.

Via the on line web chat I then explained the problem and they said they would send me the correct one, however it was exactly the same and still would not fit.

I have just spoken to two members of O2 staff (call handler and manager) both of whom insisted that my SIM card contained a full size, micro and nano SIM card, all of which can be broken out as needed. However on holding the card up to the light there is only one large perforation - to get a smaller SIM of any size would require me to cut the card with a pair of scissors.

When I said that I would have to make a special journey to the store to get help there the lady asked me in rather a condensending manner 'is there anyone else there who can help you'..

I have twenty twenty vision and am quite capable or identifying which of the '3 SIM sizes on the card' are the most appropriate but there is only one.

I asked if O2 has a video on its website demonstrating what the triple card looks like and how to use it and was told 'there might be one on YouTube ’.

I have given up replacing my SIM card now but maybe that was what O2 wanted me to do all along?

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You must be unlucky.
Try a shop as I'm sure they can assist you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous, so do you think there's some kind of conspiracy within O2 to prevent you from getting a replacement sim? The LG G4 takes a micro sim. Just call customer service and ask them to send you another. You won't get the same person you spoke to previously when you call again. Alternatively, rather than make a special journey, next time you're in a place where there's an O2 store, call in and ask for a new sim. They will give you the correct sized one and swap your details over to it while you're there. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't be bothered to be honest, after trying to speak to O2 staff who were only capable of following the script that they are given.

Over time customer service tends towards have staff who are only trained to the level needed and no more.

Extremely unimpressed by O2 today. My new phone is great but that was down to LG and not O2.

It probably isn't true but what I am thinking is that O2 have a large stock of out of date and incorrectly sized SIM cards that they are trying to offload on their customers even though - from my order - they should know exactly what sized SIM I need.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice Bambine.

I'm sure it is not a conspiracy really 😉 just a company who hasn't impressed me today.

The annoying thing is that when I got my phone I got a letter recommending that I replace my SIM for 4G but that they have completely failed to do that so far and wasted my (and their) time too.

Message 8 of 11

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm truly puzzled as to why you would think that? How much do you think a sim card costs, and why would O2 want their customers to have the wrong sized one? If it's the wrong size, then you can't use your phone, and O2 doesn't make money. Your reasoning is a little askew, I think.

If your old sim is 3G only, you need to swap it for a 4G sim, otherwise you will not benefit from the 4G service if you have it in your area. This is obviously just a glitch. If you call again, or go into a store when you're passing one, I'm sure they will provide you with the right sized sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It obviously is all down to personal experience. I admit to receiving the wrong sized sim for my phone... but for me, a quick trip instore, gave me the correct sim and a sim swap all completed in 10 minutes...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11