Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really O2? you took the chargers out the Z5 premium

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I mean, c'mon, you even left an empty charger box, in the box...
You realize the size of the batteries in phablet phones right? So if a company gives the charger, why are they removed?
I've got a Sammy charger for now but after that's gone,...
So, since O2 tell us they DON'T favor apple, did the ipad pro have a charger? ....
Cuz I 100% guarantee all your orders for ipad pro were from people who have an apple charger already..
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=sony-becomes-third-major-manufacturer-to-join-charger-out-of-the...

Not exactly all o2's fault, in noway defending o2 here and the eu actually praised o2 for this (when I find the article I will link to it)

So Ronan Dunne says...“As an industry, we have a duty to our customers to behave in a way that is environmentally responsible, making our businesses leaders in sustainability. Taking chargers out of the box is a small change that has a huge environmental benefit – cutting down not just on waste, but also the environmental costs of transport, storage and component manufacture.”

I would suggest Mr Dunne 'walks a mile in my shoes' then. ...and he could see the results of non genuine chargers burning out and causing a fire which wiped out a family of four. Not forgetting the 'less serious' injuries of burned hands....and phones burning out. I make no apologies for my anger over this. It's nothing to do with being environmentally friendly...more to do with saving money and thereby putting customers at risk. If you spend a lot of money on a phone you should NOT need to buy a charger...or even use an old one which is likely to be past it's life expectancy. Rant over..Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Dear Mr Dunne.
Do not take on our Cleo..... You will lose wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'd have to point out that when the decision was made in 2012/13 phones weren't exactly gargantuan at the time with charging requirements you could use a usb port for. But now, battery technology has not really caught up and is trying to be one-size fits all when it should not be. The problem is usb in my opinion as its the required baseline and varies in the voltage and current its downright annoying that it allows so many variations to be produced cheaply meeting the minimum standard.

And nobody reads the small texts on the back of the items which tells you what the power requirements are which really doesn't help considering. 

Sheepdog in "piles of usb cables" mode

Message 13 of 13