cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor coverage and customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on contract with o2 last february after being on tesco payg for 7 years,no problems with the service so when I went contract I went with o2 as they both use the same platform.All was good until November when service at home went down  to nothing,The only way my phone works at home is through the TUGO app which runs through my broadband.However I wanted to get rid of the broadband as I only use it for email and a bit of browsing which I hoped to do on my smartphone.Today I get a call from the tech people and cutting a long story short they say things should get better by next January!A chap from customer services says he'll look at it again and someone will contact me in a week,the tech chap even had the cheek to say it's a problem with my phone!Well it was fine until November and it works fine everywhere else so that's garbage,they have done something and don't want to put it right,so now my phone doesn't work at home without TUGO and I'm paying for data that I'm not using.Great service(not) o2 thanks a bunch.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
And they will shortly lose all of my contracts but as @jonsie has said, o2 are gaining at the rate of 1 million a year at the moment so why stress over a few lost ones?
Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Piperdog123, I think you need to check your e-mail I haven't mentioned anything about solicitors you have mixed me up with another member!
Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

If you check the thread, my post to you was about the Coverage Checker and the Advertising Standards Authority. At no point in that post did I mention solicitors.

In a separate post to philthespark I answered his comments about solicitors.

So my posts are correct. I suggest you check YOUR email.

I think you will have received an email notification to say I have posted but it clearly states in the thread who it is being sent to.
Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Re the coverage checker, I am very sorry to say your solicitor is wrong.

If you go a little further down the page you will see it states:

This map is a prediction of outdoor coverage. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. This map is just a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage. You can also check for live network updates in affected areas by visiting ournetwork status page.

I advise this as o2 have been taken to the Advertising Standards Authority twice over this issue.

1st time o2 agreed to put the above statement on the coverage checker.

2nd time the ASA found in favour of o2 based on the above statement. I appealed the second decision as I felt that the statement should be at the top, not after the part where it states good indoor and outdoor etc. The ASA upheld their original decision.

I am not saying it is right nor did I agree with it but it is a fact. Sorry

So wh the need to put my tag then if you are replying to someone else then pipersog123
Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the third time I have looked at this @Anonymous and this time I must concur with you.

So I can only assume posts have been edited after or posts removed but based on what I can see today then I concur and that the post is more relevant to philthespark. Happy now?
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll take that as an apology and accept. By the way I read it last night.
Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you feel you need an apology then fine accept it for that.

The advice is correct, just looks like it was pointed to another person in the thread. Oh well. **** happens.

Main thing is the advice was correct.
Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have flagged this thread for edit @Anonymous as you are clearly bothered by it.
Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
PMSL.
Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. By the way it was not me that made the song and dance out of it. I merely pointed out the fact that you had tagged the wrong person and that I hadn't referred to solicitors in my post.
Message 30 of 30