cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor coverage and customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on contract with o2 last february after being on tesco payg for 7 years,no problems with the service so when I went contract I went with o2 as they both use the same platform.All was good until November when service at home went down  to nothing,The only way my phone works at home is through the TUGO app which runs through my broadband.However I wanted to get rid of the broadband as I only use it for email and a bit of browsing which I hoped to do on my smartphone.Today I get a call from the tech people and cutting a long story short they say things should get better by next January!A chap from customer services says he'll look at it again and someone will contact me in a week,the tech chap even had the cheek to say it's a problem with my phone!Well it was fine until November and it works fine everywhere else so that's garbage,they have done something and don't want to put it right,so now my phone doesn't work at home without TUGO and I'm paying for data that I'm not using.Great service(not) o2 thanks a bunch.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like I said I've done this before and they say it's tour phone, it doesn't matter how many times you phone it's the same answer.
Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded the app reported it and it came back as there is nothing wrong in the area.
Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

A screenshot from the checker,as you can see all is fine.supposedly but my service is still garbage

Live results for Newton-le-Willows, St. Helens, England, WA12 8LS

• Our network is currently working fine

If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.

Updated 19:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Re the coverage checker, I am very sorry to say your solicitor is wrong.

If you go a little further down the page you will see it states:

This map is a prediction of outdoor coverage. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. This map is just a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage.  You can also check for live network updates in affected areas by visiting ournetwork status page.

I advise this as o2 have been taken to the Advertising Standards Authority twice over this issue.

1st time o2 agreed to put the above statement on the coverage checker.

2nd time the ASA found in favour of o2 based on the above statement. I appealed the second decision as I felt that the statement should be at the top, not after the part where it states good indoor and outdoor etc. The ASA upheld their original decision.

I am not saying it is right nor did I agree with it but it is a fact. Sorry
Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either way if they don't come up with something by Friday then they won't get paid next month,they are doing nothing except repeatedly saying wait 'till next week,well next week has been and gone.
Message 15 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Either way if they don't come up with something by Friday then they won't get paid next month,they are doing nothing except repeatedly saying wait 'till next week,well next week has been and gone.

If you cancel or withhold your payments they will just bar your account and blacklist you - only you will lose out.

There is an official complaints process that should be followed if you wish to cancel your contract without penalty which is linked to here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 30

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you cancel or withhold your payments they will just bar your account and blacklist you - only you will lose out.

There is an official complaints process that should be followed if you wish to cancel your contract without penalty which is linked to here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

It's up to you but you need to go through complaints before you even consider your withholding payment. Only one loser going down that route.....

Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

We have heard from numerous members in the past of people who have threatened to stop payments, or leave o2 ahead of their contract end date and don't pay the final bill (whether intentionally or not).

In one case a member was declined a mortgage based on an o2 default. In another a member almost lost a mortgage.

In other cases members have gone for credit elsewhere, including mobile phone contracts, and been declined due to a default on their file.

In the case of the mortgage above, it was declined due to a £12 default. You have been warned.

The advice is above. Follow it / don't follow it. That is up to you. But if you make the wrong choice you may be saddled with the outcome for 6 years with no recourse. Once the default is there o2 will not remove it.
Message 18 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 think they have it all their way well they don't there are enough people unhappy with their service,maybe they just need a tad more bad publicity to make thenm sit up.
Message 19 of 30

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
o2 think they have it all their way well they don't there are enough people unhappy with their service,maybe they just need a tad more bad publicity to make thenm sit up.

O2 listen to their customers? You're having a laugh mate. They are quite happy with their network base increasing year on year. So they lose a few customers on the way....they lost me but hey, what the hell....

Message 20 of 30