cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor coverage and customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on contract with o2 last february after being on tesco payg for 7 years,no problems with the service so when I went contract I went with o2 as they both use the same platform.All was good until November when service at home went down  to nothing,The only way my phone works at home is through the TUGO app which runs through my broadband.However I wanted to get rid of the broadband as I only use it for email and a bit of browsing which I hoped to do on my smartphone.Today I get a call from the tech people and cutting a long story short they say things should get better by next January!A chap from customer services says he'll look at it again and someone will contact me in a week,the tech chap even had the cheek to say it's a problem with my phone!Well it was fine until November and it works fine everywhere else so that's garbage,they have done something and don't want to put it right,so now my phone doesn't work at home without TUGO and I'm paying for data that I'm not using.Great service(not) o2 thanks a bunch.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Did they say there was a fault in your area?
You can check the network status here for faults or any work going on http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing here but I think the chap said next January because it'll be when your area is due for 4G/3G upgrade.

Slightly erroneous info unfortunately. My guess is there is a mast issue in your area and if the status checker @MI5 suggested doesn't throw up an issue perhaps report it through the website and they will have a look at it.

O2 generally don't know about an issue until customers report them
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting really annoyed now with the O2 phone service. Yet again unable to make calls, have done the reset YET AGAIN still no coverage and the status page shows all is fine YET AGAIN. I will definitely be leaving O2 when my contract comes to an end. I'm not even going to bother calling customer service as they must keep blaming it on the phone even though all my household has lost coverage with them.
Message 4 of 30

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can download the My Network app to report issues without calling and they do take notice of reports http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that helped NOT! It's always the same you report the problem and they just say that there is no problem it's your phone. 3 phones in our house and a couple of friends on favebook having the same problem. I refuse to call as I got so frustrated last time I lost my temper.
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well that helped NOT! It's always the same you report the problem and they just say that there is no problem it's your phone. 3 phones in our house and a couple of friends on favebook having the same problem. I refuse to call as I got so frustrated last time I lost my temper.

Get the rest of the family that are affected to do the same and they will take notice. The more that report it, the more they will look into it.

Message 7 of 30

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well that helped NOT! 

Sorry, but I'm not following?

What didn't help exactly?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 30

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a joke,you use the coverage checker and it says fault in the area,then you speak to o2 and they say there are no issues.There tech people couldn't be less technical if they tried,they know nothing about their own network,I speak to tech departments frequently as part of my job and o2's are the pits.It's impossible to speak to a manager and they tell that many lies they can't remember what story they told last time.I have spoken to 2 other people tonight who both state they have issues when they visit relatives living in my street,at one stage they even tried to blame my phone,which incidentally isnt faulty,however did they offer to send me another? No they didn't,well they have until Friday to do something then it's bye bye time,I've spoken to a solicitor and he says that they have breached their terms of service,for one one the coverage checker it clearly states good coverage indoors and out the coverage is terrible plus since it only happened since November it is obviously something on the network which is their fault not mine.

Message 10 of 30