cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 webmail keeps crashing!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I constantly have problems with o2 emails - I compose an email and hit send and it comes up with an error message and says 'page temporarily unavailable'. meanwhile its lost the email I had typed. I log out and back in again and it still doesnt work!! what's the problem?

Also when I get my email alerts on my phone to say my bill is ready to view, the link you can click to 'view your bill' never works and has the same error message 😞

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all of you who have posted comments. Clearing cache doesn't work. I am a sky broadband user so I should still be able to use the service. I used the O2 online help chat and they stated that my email account had been disconnected, although I've been using it daily so not sure how it was working. They have reconnected my account and all appears to be working now. Think I will set up a hotmail account instead and follow the useful instructions posted to import all my existing emails.

Thanks everyone! 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using O2 e mail as it's closed or being closed.

Are are you using another provider ? Ie Bt or hotmail.
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try clearing your browser cache or a different browser.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some people can still use O2 webmail but for most people webmail has closed and I was under the impression that O2 servers would be closed down. It might be a good time to start moving over to another email client.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 web mail is officialy closed and a sms was sent to customers to advised them of that. The servers are not completly shut down as some customers can still use it but it's officially not supported and any issues with it unfortunatly nothing anybody can do.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it the o2 email that u r refering to sadwebmail? because u also refer to the link to view ur bill?
what phone r u using by the way?
Message 6 of 12

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Were you an O2 broadband customer @Anonymous ? as only those who were with O2 broadband when it switched to Sky are supposed to still have webmail and for everyone else it has been shut down or in the process of being shut down, so the advice is to move to a different provider as soon as possible and archive anything you may want to keep.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something I found.

"What will happen to my o2.co.uk email?Hide
If you joined Sky from O2 on or before 21 November, you can keep using your existing O2 mailbox for the time being (as well as your new Sky email) but as you have moved to Sky, your O2 inbox storage will be limited to 20MB. If your O2 inbox exceeds this, you will need to remove some emails and stay under this limit to continue to send and receive emails. Transferring contacts and redirecting emails to your other accounts takes no time at all. By following some simple steps Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail can be set up to automatically import all of your emails and contacts from your O2 email account and forward any new emails sent to your O2 email account too.
If you are joining Sky from O2 on or after 22 November - great news, you are still able to use your O2 email address with a inbox storage size of 1GB (the same as what you had when with O2). When are you active with your Sky services you are also able to set up your own Sky Yahoo! Mail Mailbox with unlimited storage. You'll first need a My Sky account, which you can set up at sky.com/mysky"

Seems it depends on when you migrated !

Source http://www.sky.com/shop/your-move-to-sky/faq/
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all of you who have posted comments. Clearing cache doesn't work. I am a sky broadband user so I should still be able to use the service. I used the O2 online help chat and they stated that my email account had been disconnected, although I've been using it daily so not sure how it was working. They have reconnected my account and all appears to be working now. Think I will set up a hotmail account instead and follow the useful instructions posted to import all my existing emails.

Thanks everyone! 🙂
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You're welcome.

I think you've been fortunate that it's been live this long. Some are still using it tho.

It is probably best to do as you are and setting up a new primary e mail address.
Message 10 of 12